FYI - scam targeting wedding photographers in USA...sooner or later coming to SG

Thanks Mod NW75 for sharing this.

We have seen how a photographer handle a negative review recently, by creating some "dubious" positive reviews.

My take is photographers have to deal negative review with a positive manner, regardless is a genuine or a fake one.

never never try to cover up. when a photographer handle a genuine negative reviews correctly, will give a positive impact to his business.

as for fake negative reviews, photographers also need to see it with a positive mind, you must be somebody that worth to damage your reputation and gain some money.

what Nyberg Photography do correctly is to expose the scammers, and he also sharing this with fellow photographers. kudos to his actions.

Anyway, just a rule of thumb... if it seems funny, don't reply the email.

If you are running a genuine business and have a reputation and do everything right, there is no need to worry about one or two people who try to be funny and threaten you with giving a negative comment on your social media.

We have seen it before but purely from misunderstanding and they actually remove the negative review after.

Just do what you promise and keep doing it with integrity, then no skeleton in the closet, nothing to be afraid of.

Regards,

Hart

I think one way is all your clients should have contract signed by both parties this way you can protect your self and so as the your clients, you can place there all your terms and condition and also maybe you can include the clause about claims etc you may need to seek some help from a legal council to came up with a draft contract.. We all need to protect our self specially now a days anyone and everyone could sue you doe almost doing nothing... I heard and read a lot of stories like this specially in the US or western countries....

Also this will serve as a proof that the one giving you feedback is actually your client.

I think one way is all your clients should have contract signed by both parties this way you can protect your self and so as the your clients, you can place there all your terms and condition and also maybe you can include the clause about claims etc you may need to seek some help from a legal council to came up with a draft contract.. We all need to protect our self specially now a days anyone and everyone could sue you doe almost doing nothing... I heard and read a lot of stories like this specially in the US or western countries....

Also this will serve as a proof that the one giving you feedback is actually your client.

That's right, but at the same time, one would need to ensure that those who signed actually read it... contract is a necessity but nonetheless it is the last line of defense.

Doing the right thing and deliver as promise still largely the most sensible things to do again and again so we don't have to go to the last line of defense.

Hart