FUNGUS on my lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpecker

Sep 8, 2005
Hi,

I would like some help if possible, as I had recently noticed a build up of fungus on my len's. So if anyone knows where or who cleans these things, it shall be very much appreciated. I have a sigma and vivitar both contaminated, a shame too.

Hope i'm asking in the correct place!

Thanks in advance

woodpecker said:
Hi,

I would like some help if possible, as I had recently noticed a build up of fungus on my len's. So if anyone knows where or who cleans these things, it shall be very much appreciated. I have a sigma and vivitar both contaminated, a shame too.

Hope i'm asking in the correct place!

Thanks in advance
Ask around in peninsula area.Beside camera workshop , the one at adelphi - I think it's call p&G camera at the basement is worth checking out too.The owner name is David,he will give you a quote or tell you frankly whether it's worth the repair bill or not(some fungus may have already 'eaten' into the coating and thus may not be clean thoroughly)

Sorry for hijacking, but I've recently acquired an Achiever flash unit. Must I put it in a drybox/dry cabinet as well?

zeiss planar said:
Ask around in peninsula area.Beside camera workshop , the one at adelphi - I think it's call p&G camera at the basement is worth checking out too.The owner name is David,he will give you a quote or tell you frankly whether it's worth the repair bill or not(some fungus may have already 'eaten' into the coating and thus may not be clean thoroughly)
Cleaning lens from fungus (if it is doable) should not cost you more than about SGD 85-90. So, if they quote you more than that go to another shop.......

HS

JediForce4ever said:
Sorry to hijack too.....but if I put a lens that has fungus onto a clean camera body...will it cause any damage??

haha its a fungus not a virus :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Thanks U all, shall go there and see how. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.