Fungus Contagious????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hi All......

Stumble upon one site....forgot to bookmark.....

It says that fungus on lens may be contagious especially so for zoom leens users.

The air movements of spores in and out of the camera and even in the SLR camera increases the potential risk of funguns spreading.

Iimagine a lens with fungus spores when used in zoom in and out motion creates air turbulence enough to transport the spores into the camera body. For example landing on the mirror.

Then if the lens is changed to a nother lens...the slapping action of the mirror will throw the spores into the next lens...and so forth.....

So be extra careful to ensure that the lens is ALWAYS free of fungus.

No such thing as...."Its okay only a little fungus and will not spoil the photo".....

Prevention is better then cure so ...be EXTRA CAREFUL!!!!!!

Invent on some sort of preventive measures...like a DRY BOX(with occational SILICA GEL charging) or a ELECTRONIC DRY BOX......

regards,
Sulhan

Hieee....

I realised that at times.....when the lens is very clean......after using the camera for a while.....sometimes...there seem to be dust on the inside surface of the lens...(close to the mirror)...

Hmm maybe this is due to the "dust from the mirror...."!!!!

regards,
me

Originally posted by sulhan
Hieee....

I realised that at times.....when the lens is very clean......after using the camera for a while.....sometimes...there seem to be dust on the inside surface of the lens...(close to the mirror)...

Hmm maybe this is due to the "dust from the mirror...."!!!!

regards,
me
It could really be dust particles attracted "cogulate" together by static? :dunno:

talk abt the dust, i know it doesn't affect the picture taken
but its quite a pain to see the dust...

anyone tried to clear them by turning it over to camera repair shop?

How about older camera with fungus, can you store them in the same dry box where your other equipments are? Is there a possibility of contamination?

Status
Not open for further replies.