Full Frame

Hi all,
do you think it's worth to get a full frame camera if you know you won't make money out of it?

your 2 cents.thanks

full frame is very good for using prime lenses with f1.2, f1.4, f1.8, f2.8 etc, the sensor brings out the full perspective from the lenses which an APSC cannot achieve it.

full frame is very good for landscape photography because the sensor gives you the full specturm of the wide-angle lenses.

full frame body is not expensive for brands like Sony Alpha which is around $2k as it doesn't have HD video unlike Canon 5D and Nikon D700. For most, HD video is not a need if you just want photography. However, if you are using Canon or Nikon, then no choice, you may have to pay more for the video function.

for picture quality wise, it depends what is the end result for most of your photos ? for facebook, iPhone alone is enough ! you don't need a DSLR to give stunning pics for facebook, and no one is going to examine in-depth details of your photos on facebook

Last edited:
full frame is very good for using prime lenses with f1.2, f1.4, f1.8, f2.8 etc, the sensor brings out the full perspective from the lenses which an APSC cannot achieve it.

full frame is very good for landscape photography because the sensor gives you the full specturm of the wide-angle lenses.

full frame body is not expensive for brands like Sony Alpha which is around $2k as it doesn't have HD video unlike Canon 5D and Nikon D700. For most, HD video is not a need if you just want photography. However, if you are using Canon or Nikon, then no choice, you may have to pay more for the video function.

for picture quality wise, it depends what is the end result for most of your photos ? for facebook, iPhone alone is enough ! you don't need a DSLR to give stunning pics for facebook, and no one is going to examine in-depth details of your photos on facebook

Agreeds what you said.

I also not that good in photography but I still invest on a FF. (A850)

Hi all,
do you think it's worth to get a full frame camera if you know you won't make money out of it?

your 2 cents.thanks

If you can afford and willing to pay, why not.....

Do you get a positive rate of return with your "investment"? :bsmilie:

Not for making $. For hobby and use only during oversea trip. 16mm for SG, too BIG but small at other countries :D

catchlights said:
do you really only buy things base on what you NEED, never on what you WANT?

Need or want.. As long as can afford.. Not a problem..

irritainment said:
Hi all,

your 2 cents.thanks

I will, if I want all my lenses to become 'normal'..

As long its within budget..can afford and it makes you a more happy person. Go get it. Money earned is to be spent. Life is short too...no point saving/keeping all in the bank.

Hi all,

your 2 cents.thanks

Instead of just buying it, you've lost and wasted 16 hours asking this question.

kei1309 said:
TS never mentioned or even said he was thinking about buying.

If its not ultimately about buying it, where else can this go?

If its not ultimately about buying it, where else can this go?

it could be just an an honest question to ask if people will actually buy a FF camera just for their hobby. doesn't really mean that the TS has intention to buy.

...... Girls ..... girls ....... One at a time ..... You will get your turn at me ...... See what I told you about using FF ....... Shiok arh ..... Mai tu liao ....... BBB .....:kiss:

...... Girls ..... girls ....... One at a time ..... You will get your turn at me ...... See what I told you about using FF ....... Shiok arh ..... Mai tu liao ....... BBB .....:kiss:

oh Zenten! i'm snuggling with you... your FF is SOOOOOOOOO hot!

...... Yikes .......I think I judt hooked up the wrong channel ...... :p

...... Yikes .......I think I just hooked up the wrong channel ...... bad reception ......:p

...... Yikes .......I think I just hooked up the wrong channel ...... bad reception ......:p

Can I snuggle too? if Kei is on your left, i can be on your right. :bsmilie: