Full Frame DSLR

ArcticFox said:
I am sorry but I think driving a turbo charge car alone is no big deal, all you need is money.

Meanwhile, mastering photography is totally different from mastering driving as I believe photography is only 10% technical which you can achieve via. course/book. The other 90% comes from within.

I think it depend on how he drive too..... taking a corner at turbo speed is not the same as driving a family sedan.... it need a lot of hand eye coordination, judgement and any mistake can be fatal..... so i would not agree to your statement on driving do not need skills.....

Maybe he got an instructor sitting beside him controlling the handbrake during the whole 6 months?

Side track, mastering driving evo is not just your daily driving skills taught in driving skills. I would refer it to skills such as:

1. Superb start off in a drag race by controlling 4 wheel drive system effectively.
2. Drifting or power sliding.
3. High speed cornering (evos are good in that due to the computer system in the cars..maybe for later versions of evo).

Likewise mastering a camera such as 7D (in fact any camera) you will need advanced skills (in photography and handling the body) other than just firing the buttons away.

I think lots of practice, with constant effort to review your own photos to see how to improve or learn new techniques is the way to go and take your time, no pressure.

I am still learning the basics such as metering which I find it tricky still but again I shall enjoy this hobby and slowly learn.

I think it depend on how he drive too..... taking a corner at turbo speed is not the same as driving a family sedan.... it need a lot of hand eye coordination, judgement and any mistake can be fatal..... so i would not agree to your statement on driving do not need skills.....

then again... it's what the TS said. who knows whether it's real or fake that he's got a turbo-charged Evo6

I am sorry but I think driving a turbo charge car alone is no big deal, all you need is money.

Meanwhile, mastering photography is totally different from mastering driving as I believe photography is only 10% technical which you can achieve via. course/book. The other 90% comes from within.

seriously i don't agree with u..
driving needs skills too...much more harder than photography...
if not driving no need an instructor to teach and get a license...
driving auto car is like snapping in "Auto" mode...
driving manual car maybe be like a "Program" mode to some(if they just shift gears when its the right time) and "Manual" mode to others if they play with engine brake for circuit,drifting,rev to the limit for drag racing...etc...these are skills definitely much harder to acheived than photography.....
and also modification of cars also need trial and error,its not always 100% what you want....

Hi,
driving manual car maybe be like a "Program" mode to some(if they just shift gears when its the right time) and "Manual" mode to others if they play with engine brake for circuit,drifting,rev to the limit for drag racing...etc...these are skills definitely much harder to acheived than photography.....
and also modification of cars also need trial and error,its not always 100% what you want....
Really getting Off Topic... but to join in the fun:
Driving and phoography all require skills.

If you just want to drive, you just need basic driving skill... same as photography, you just need to know how to use your camera. But if you want to race F1, you need a lot more driving skills, training and talents... same if you want to be a excellent photographer, but photography seem to be a bit cheaper... ha ha ha :p

Anyway, there is no such thing as which one is easier and which one is more difficult.... all skills is easier to learn, but difficult to master.

Just my S$0.02.

Have a nice day.

That's exactly my point sir, pardon my language. That's why I said "driving a turbo charge car alone is no big deal". Driving as a sport is a different thing. I know this.

wakaowalao said:
Maybe he got an instructor sitting beside him controlling the handbrake during the whole 6 months?

Guess you are playing Daytona with tokens. Driving on road with handbrake!!! Only rear wheel car with handbrake will make you drift.

kei1309 said:
then again... it's what the TS said. who knows whether it's real or fake that he's got a turbo-charged Evo6

Its pointless for me to bull a story over here. What can I gain in return???

I'm just giving an example.

Turbonetics said:

Fully agreed with you!

It just the same for people asking basic question over in car forum. To me it very normal as forum are meant to help one another no matter what question is raise up.

It basically on the people who reply.

Driving a turbo charge car which is manual for Evo is just harder than a Auto car. Just like camera on Auto mode too. Manual cars can easily win a higher bhp auto car as it can be drag longer on certain gear which auto can't. In a manual car, u r controlling most of all compare to auto.

It why people on manual car do not need to brake and even floor fully when doing hard corners but why auto car need to brake during cornering?

In manual car - you control the car fully.
In Auto car - never tends to control the car fully as you might end up sending your car to workshop due to lost control.

Maintaining a turbo or super charge car is much harder than any other NA cars. More homework is needed.

People who still think camera are harder to learn compare over a turbo or super charge car. Try asking around people who are hardcore on both items. You will know which is harder to master and learn.

ArcticFox said:
That's exactly my point sir, pardon my language. That's why I said "driving a turbo charge car alone is no big deal". Driving as a sport is a different thing. I know this.

Of cos no big deal driving a powerful car but cannot control or understand the car fully. Or it the same why drive a powerful potential car but your skill is so lousy. It make no sense to buy such powerful car but under use it.

To TS Pls ignore the nay sayers. Go get what you plan to get. Which was it again 7D or 5DmrkII right? Get a good lens not a great one and learn. Plus you can use you r old 350 and trade in at canon see what they can do for you on a discount. As for me my current learing tool is a 550D with 18 - 55mm kit lens and a 55 - 250mm tele photo zoom lens. Enjoy the process of learing (you will i know) there are many seniors here that will help. When I got my 55 - 250mm lens 2nd hand the seller was kind enough to pass on some of his knowledge to me about the lens. Dont let 5 pages of teasing and irritated people bother you that much. But as most of the people have posted do abit of research on what your getting into before diving head first into it.

Just my dua sen

Talk too much liao. Just buy 7D, 5DM2 or 1DSM4.

Just buy the one which your budget can allow. Just max it.

Three years later, buy again.

Canon thanks you.

Ghost Kelevra said:
To TS Pls ignore the nay sayers. Go get what you plan to get. Which was it again 7D or 5DmrkII right? Get a good lens not a great one and learn. Plus you can use you r old 350 and trade in at canon see what they can do for you on a discount. As for me my current learing tool is a 550D with 18 - 55mm kit lens and a 55 - 250mm tele photo zoom lens. Enjoy the process of learing (you will i know) there are many seniors here that will help. When I got my 55 - 250mm lens 2nd hand the seller was kind enough to pass on some of his knowledge to me about the lens. Dont let 5 pages of teasing and irritated people bother you that much. But as most of the people have posted do abit of research on what your getting into before diving head first into it.

Just my dua sen

Canon pp program only offers 550d below no 7d 60d or 5d2

Its pointless for me to bull a story over here. What can I gain in return???

not accusing you of lying. read carefully

Of cos no big deal driving a powerful car but cannot control or understand the car fully. Or it the same why drive a powerful potential car but your skill is so lousy. It make no sense to buy such powerful car but under use it.

precisely the point. all the cameras you are looking at are powerful machines. all the people who've posted are passionate about photography. so they're worried you'll be just another person who buys, under-appreciates and doesn't understand his equipment and it becomes another fashion accessory.

hence, get a cheap 2nd hand 50D or 550D, and understand the basics before making your move. it's your money, but waste not and want not.

ArcticFox said:

Bro, the second paragraph of your post was comparing photography and driving.... and driving was like.... chicken feet... while photography is different....

Not that it matters that much to me, as i only like to raise the issue of your comparison being unfair.

TS could be more humble, but sometimes, successful people will take things for granted and become arrogant. Humility is usual due to brought up...... but eating humble pie is the other way to attain it...

TS could be more humble, but sometimes, successful people will take things for granted and become arrogant. Humility is usual due to brought up...... but eating humble pie is the other way to attain it...

and seniors in this forum is intolerant with arrogant newbies. :bsmilie: