Full Frame Cameras - Only 1 model by Canon

Why Canon only have 5DMkII as current model for Full Frame?
Wondering are they gonna release another 1D Full Frame to stay in competition.

Canon still have EOS-1Ds MKIII, just that this camera is so expensive that it is out-of-reach of most hobbists and some pro shooter. As such not many discussion, or rather none discuss, about it.
Competition? As in market dominance? Well I can see that 5DII is a winner for now. So why release the next Full Frame when there is no strong competition?

You know...it's a funny thing...everybody here talks about buying and upgrading to latest and bestest DSLR. In Australia where I reside...everybody is just contented with a pns. So is it an Asian thing that we must not loose face or we are a gadget crazed society. Hmm...:cool:

don't think so.......

i have seen a few overseas asian forums, their standard seems to be higher, so i cannot help but feel that they, at least, are making better use of their gear.

don't think so.......

i have seen a few overseas asian forums, their standard seems to be higher, so i cannot help but feel that they, at least, are making better use of their gear.

their energies are directed at different things

ryan

You know...it's a funny thing...everybody here talks about buying and upgrading to latest and bestest DSLR. In Australia where I reside...everybody is just contented with a pns. So is it an Asian thing that we must not loose face or we are a gadget crazed society. Hmm...:cool:

Could it be that we are compensating for our sense of loss and deprivation when we visit our friends and relatives down under. Their landed property is so big it is shocking. The surrounding garden is even bigger. And it is freehold. Then you see their driveway where they park their 2 or 3 big cars bought without COE at a fraction of what it costs here.

Do we in our frustration, try to make ourselves feel better.....by ....buying digital SLRs....is that pathethic or what.

Last edited:
Thanks you for all your views :)
Actually i started this thread when talking to my colleague who is looking for a FF Canon, we were talking about Nikon D3s price and IQ.
1DsM3 is so expensive in comparison.
Ya, end of the day it is about running a biz, they need to think of strategy to stay profitable by marking up FF.

I see you live in Australia and shoot with a D700 and this Asian man in Singapore is shooting with a D40. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I see you live in Australia and shoot with a D700 and this Asian man in Singapore is shooting with a D40. :bsmilie:

There's nothing wrong with a D40. I use a D60 in my travels and when I come back to Singapore to visit my old friends. I choose D60 cos it's lighter on my neck and the picture quality is no different from a D700 provided you use a better lens. :angel: