Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldmember

Dec 2, 2002
Moon
just some stupid questions:
full frame lens (normal canon EOS lenses)+ full frame camera and
1.5x factor lens (Nikon DX lenses)+ 1.5x factor camera,

Will the image quality be the same because they are using all the areas of the lens now?

hmm i think u should make your question clearer. ill try to understand what you're saying...

if its a FF lens and FF camera, the lens must be good, because the camera is making use of ALL areas of the lens, just like you said. the camera uses both the centre and the edges of the lens.

if its a FF lens + APS-C camera, then certain edges of the lens will not be used. the camera makes use mostly of the center of the lens.

Goldmember said:
just some stupid questions:
full frame lens (normal canon EOS lenses)+ full frame camera and
1.5x factor lens (Nikon DX lenses)+ 1.5x factor camera,

Will the image quality be the same because they are using all the areas of the lens now?

I would see the difference be something like comparing MF with 35mm.

On image quality -> there will be greater demands on the quality of glass for full-frame.

FF offers greater DOF, wider perspective.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

A FF DSLR: bigger sensor (35mm film equivalent size)
A DSLR: smaller sensor compare to a FF body

My own view is that a DSLR will still make full use of the lens area, not only the centre portion only. Just that because the sensor is smaller, the rest of the images outside the perimeter is not captured or
what we called crop off.

For a FF DSLR, the whole image is captured on the sensor. So any lens of poorer quality the defects of images at the edges will be shown clearly.

Am I correct to say that ??

It doesn't make full use of the lens area unless the lens is designed for a cropped sensor. A FF frame lens will have an image circle larger then the sensor. The sensor simply makes use of the centre portion of this image circle. Only FF sensors and 35mm film can make use of the entire image circle( well a rectangle that touches the corners of this circle at least). The "rectangle" area used by a cropped sensor is cropped by the same factor as the sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.