Fujifilm X100S

Try SG Camera Store

Hey guys, just wondering for those who bought the black x100s. Where did u guys but the hood w adaptor ring from?

If you don't want to spend too much for the Fujifilm hood, I would recommend the good reviewed JJC version for X100s : LH-JX100.

I got mine from klikflash dot com.

Now I see they also have the 2nd generation one from JJC (LH-JX100II), but I have never tried this one yet.

If you don't want to spend too much for the Fujifilm hood, I would recommend the good reviewed JJC version for X100s : LH-JX100.

I got mine from klikflash dot com.

Now I see they also have the 2nd generation one from JJC (LH-JX100II), but I have never tried this one yet.

Do they provide self collection in Singapore?

Do they provide self collection in Singapore?

Not too sure, you may want to check with them, they usually reply pretty fast.
But I saw from their website just now, they are providing free shipping during this weekend tough..

Not too sure, you may want to check with them, they usually reply pretty fast.
But I saw from their website just now, they are providing free shipping during this weekend tough..

Thanks! Managed to order one. :)

was black x100s launched price initially higher than the silver one? i heard from people who bought from SG Tech Show that black model now same price at the silver one.;)

was black x100s launched price initially higher than the silver one? i heard from people who bought from SG Tech Show that black model now same price at the silver one.;)

By right both should be sold at the same prices. The X100s black is a standard variant , unlike the X100LE.

The black X100s was priced higher (and maybe is) at some shops due to some shop owners wishing to profit based on that the black X100 was a LE.

Last edited:

I bought the black X100S in HN Millenia Walk for same price as silver color. Most shops I called have quoted me the same price regardless of color too.

I bought the black X100S in HN Millenia Walk for same price as silver color. Most shops I called have quoted me the same price regardless of color too.

ya.. silver and black all same price, unlike last time.

May I know buying X100s in Japan..... Is there any issue?
A) the battery charger voltage?
B) where is the best shop in Tokyo?
C) the camera menu a language?

Thanks.

Hi everyone! Anyone bought from technogadgets.com.sg? Any pros/cons?

Hi everyone! Anyone bought from technogadgets.com.sg? Any pros/cons?

Hi , just do a quick search on CS for technogadgets :) I will love to paste the links here but I'm on mobile now.

May I know buying X100s in Japan..... Is there any issue?
A) the battery charger voltage?
B) where is the best shop in Tokyo?
C) the camera menu a language?

Thanks.

Should not have issues. Just buy from map camera at shinjuku or the usual chain stores.

Hi guys, just sharing an experience in batt draining for x100s.

Recently I put back on the original full cover and notice my fully charged batt will be completely drained by next morning (without using at all). Did some read up and found someone mentioned that it was due to our additional shutter button pressed on by the cover when closed (even though the power was not on at all).

Strange as I would have thought that since the power is off, it should not consume energy even though the shutter is press on.

Hi , just do a quick search on CS for technogadgets :) I will love to paste the links here but I'm on mobile now.

Hi Keith or anyone who can help. Why are they selling it so 'cheap' at technogadgets? ($1228)
Anything I should be aware of or is it actually fine to just buy from there? From what I gathered. the only difference is freebies and warranty coverage? $500 difference seems a lot.

Hi Keith or anyone who can help. Why are they selling it so 'cheap' at technogadgets? ($1228) Anything I should be aware of or is it actually fine to just buy from there? From what I gathered. the only difference is freebies and warranty coverage? $500 difference seems a lot.

In general , if u buy from technogadgets , they do deliver the goods. But expect to wait and be slightly frustrated with delays if u r the unlucky one. It might be good to contact them (I remember Tony) to inquire about stocks and the estimated delivery date before u order.

They do expect payment before delivery but I've heard of bros who did a partial down payment so u might ask about that too.

Lastly. Warranty wise ; I'll treat their items as parallel imports. They do say that u can send the items in go authorized service centers 1st & they will reimburse u later but as always, shop warranty is simply as valid as the integrity of the shop and whether the shop last. The one to definitely avoid is valuebasket.

In general , if u buy from technogadgets , they do deliver the goods. But expect to wait and be slightly frustrated with delays if u r the unlucky one. It might be good to contact them (I remember Tony) to inquire about stocks and the estimated delivery date before u order.

They do expect payment before delivery but I've heard of bros who did a partial down payment so u might ask about that too.

Lastly. Warranty wise ; I'll treat their items as parallel imports. They do say that u can send the items in go authorized service centers 1st & they will reimburse u later but as always, shop warranty is simply as valid as the integrity of the shop and whether the shop last. The one to definitely avoid is valuebasket.

Thanks a lot!

hi guys !

Ive been using the X100s every since it came out - 80% of my travel photos are taken with it. I even use it for 2nd body for overseas weddings.
Previously also had x100 but wasnt too happy with AF. Anyways two questions.

1. My X100s had a short drop just this morning at the hotel (im in Korea travelling)- no visible damage - but its not working anymore.
Anyone tried Fuji's service charges? I hope it's not too expensive. (warrantly already over)

2. I just found out from a stranger here in Seoul that a teleconverter (50 equiv) is now available! Is it already on sale in SG?
How much? and which stores have it? I have the wide converter and I love it.
When I travel - i just use my 5Dmk3 for close up "beauty" portaits of locals. The rest are with the x100.
This probably means I dont need to bring my 5D anymore! (unless I have to shoot a wedding)

Here's a travel set that is 100% x100. I wanted a very relaxing day in Paris before a wedding assignment so I left my 5D at the hotel.
This was basically one afternoon of shooting in Paris.

https://www.facebook.com/josephdani...10152454306521531.1073741829.671721530&type=3

Looking back at these photos now makes me wanna cry that my x100s is currently spoilt. I still have 3 more days in Seoul and I have to settle for my 5D. Cannot take upclose candids anymore. :(

Last edited:
hi guys ! Ive been using the X100s every since it came out - 80% of my travel photos are taken with it. I even use it for 2nd body for overseas weddings. Previously also had x100 but wasnt too happy with AF. Anyways two questions.

1. My X100s had a short drop just this morning at the hotel (im in Korea travelling)- no visible damage - but its not working anymore. Anyone tried Fuji's service charges? I hope it's not too expensive. (warrantly already over)

2. I just found out from a stranger here in Seoul that a teleconverter (50 equiv) is now available! Is it already on sale in SG? How much? and which stores have it? I have the wide converter and I love it. Looking back at these photos now makes me wanna cry that my x100s is currently spoilt. I still have 3 more days in Seoul and I have to settle for my 5D. Cannot take upclose candids anymore. :(

Hi !

It's sad to hear the X100s is not working now :(
I've one too and I love it.

1. For Fuji service centre , it might be great if u can email or call first with regards to whether will they be able to finish the repair job in time for your next flight out. They do have an express service where your camera gets priority in repair.

Contact: 63805540 , add a +65 in front for country code if u r calling from overseas.

I can't give any estimates as a drop is too .. Fuzzy for anyone to guess what needs repair.

2. The TCL-X100 is available :) you can find them in Funan Centre. The last shop I inquired was selling it at SGD374. IQ wise it's excellent giving u 50mm FL but i didn't get it in the end due to how bulky it is.

All the best :)