Fujifilm releases X-S1 premium EXR 26X superzoom

Went MS color have a look, the zoom ring is really smooth like canon's L lens. Pricing is $1150. :)

Went MS color have a look, the zoom ring is really smooth like canon's L lens. Pricing is $1150. :)

Kinder ex, isn't it, since HN is cash 1080 from previous posts...should check out AP@SLS and SLRR@FUNAN - they are generally lower.

I guess no one is interested as there r shops selling it lower than ur price if pay cash. As I last checked.

what's the pricing like, currently...I'm waiting for the price to drop b4 considering (even if have to wait a few months, it's okay). IMO it's not worth the rrp (or less the current discounts), given the faults in it...should be much lower for it to be acceptable. Just my opinion. :):D

what's the pricing like, currently...I'm waiting for the price to drop b4 considering (even if have to wait a few months, it's okay). IMO it's not worth the rrp (or less the current discounts), given the faults in it...should be much lower for it to be acceptable. Just my opinion. :):D

Same. I am kinda of waiting for the price to go a little lower over the next few months. The X-S1 is looking like a really good deal for me to upgrade to from my S100FS.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how much I'm able to sell off my used S100FS for on CS Classifieds? It's got some cosmetic scratches but it's working well all these while. :) I'm looking to upgrade to the X-S1 so i don't really need another camera that's similar to the X-S1

E lowest I got was$1102 w usual 16gb card.
I know its only 3 dollar lower than 1105 it's a big risk to get 2nd hand for 3 dollar.
Read from previews hs30 out by 24/2. For me, am using it only in May for overseas trip. Thus also no rush. But will get xs-1 if it dips below 1k. Had played w it before n really construction is top notch

Can the users provide some user reviews on this cam?

Surf dpreview Fuji forum, there r plenty of users opinions( won't call.it reviews) cos most views r bias towards personal usage. E opinions r quite divided. Even e images uploaded showed extreme difference on iq.

Surf dpreview Fuji forum, there r plenty of users opinions( won't call.it reviews cos most views r bias towards personal usage). E opinions r quite divided. Even e images uploaded showed extreme difference on iq.

also like the camera, but over 1000 sgd for a compact it is way over,

I can get a used DSLR and old 400mm f5.6 prime lens (equiv of 640mm on canon) for less than that, + the general kit lens

Last edited:
Agree it's different. First the lens is manual focusing. 2nd it would be harder to handhold 400mm with a dslr compared to X-S1. 3rd you may not have image stabilization unless the system is in the body system so you may need a tripod which defeats the purpose of portability. 4th, unless with special adapter, you may have to do manual exposure which is not that straightforward. Might end up missing chances for shoots in the midst of adjusting exposure under quick lighting change situation.

Honestly with $1000 it is possible (if you are lucky, I am) to get a entry level dslr with a 500mm f4.5 prime manual lens too but it's just way too bulky for everyday purpose.

Even if we consider e iq Same, e xs-1 can cover 24 to 600. Even if slightly lower quality, e compromise may be worth it.

The larger sensor size makes it an ideal superzoom bridge cam, if only there were not the 3 issues.

While at the IT show this weekend, I took a look and also got a feel of the X-S1. It feels really good in the hand, much like a regular DSLR. What I love about it is the manual zoom lens - smooth and responsive. In low-light the AF does hunt a bit. I think if the price is much lower like around $800 I would have grabbed it (vis-a-vis the known issues).

yah, the waiting to solve orbs issue like the x10, and whether the price meets its targeted user that willing to pay

yah, the waiting to solve orbs issue like the x10, and whether the price meets its targeted user that willing to pay

today is 3/12, Fuji would have a major announcement regarding orbs issue....waiting patiently...

today is 3/12, Fuji would have a major announcement regarding orbs issue....waiting patiently...

Fujifilm had just made the official announcement...a new sensor available FROM late May 2012!

Last edited:
Fujifilm had just made the official announcement...a new sensor available FROM late May 2012!

but there is no solution on the x10 that we have on hand today.

they will replace foc the sensor of x10 and x-s1 from May 2012 onwards.

current remedy is to use firmware 1.03 and use EXR mode.