Fujifilm Finepix S9500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaknafein

Oct 29, 2005
my room
www.flickr.com
anyone has this camera?
issit difficult to manual focus by looking through the EVF or LCD??

its impossible to manual focus with lcd/evf. even slrs need split-image focus screens to get perfect focus

btw if its impossible to manual focus thru EVF or LCD, why does Fuji put the manual focus ring if they know u cant focus properly using both EVF/LCD?? im confused

do u know of any prosumer cameras that can do proper manual focusing?

a split image focus screen is those with 2 semi circles in the middle which helps u focus precisely by aligning the image. but now with such good af on most slrs its rarely used. it can be swaped in place of the stock focusing screen in some slrs though.

the prob with evf and lcd is that it does not offer enough resolution to help u decide if the image is in focus or not. for some panasonic models they'll enlarge part of the image in the evf/lcd to help u when focusing manually but im nt sure abt fuji.

so i guess the only way(tedious) is to focus as well as u can thn zoom in to the pic in playback mode. i dont think MF will be used often.

all prosumer cameras hav evf and lcd so its hard for all of them.

Is S9500 a prosumer or DSLR? Mine was S5500 bought on 2004 Sitex

roti_prata said:
a split image focus screen is those with 2 semi circles in the middle which helps u focus precisely by aligning the image. but now with such good af on most slrs its rarely used. it can be swaped in place of the stock focusing screen in some slrs though.

the prob with evf and lcd is that it does not offer enough resolution to help u decide if the image is in focus or not. for some panasonic models they'll enlarge part of the image in the evf/lcd to help u when focusing manually but im nt sure abt fuji.

so i guess the only way(tedious) is to focus as well as u can thn zoom in to the pic in playback mode. i dont think MF will be used often.

all prosumer cameras hav evf and lcd so its hard for all of them.

hmm, i dun think i have seen the split focus screen before. cant really understand how it works... nvm hehe

yeah i agree with u, i think the resolution for the EVF and LCD is not high enough too, thats why i asked in the first post hehe. i think fuji does have a function to enlarge the centre portion of the frame. issit useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.