Fujifilm announces Super CCD EXR!! Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooh, the so-called 'new' CCD technology does seem a little intriguing from an engg/electronics POV (although i need to see results to believe it), mebbe a right step in the perennial hopes of achieving that '3D' look of traditional slide films by use of a digital sensor?? :think::think:

i got to admit I didn't see the dual-lens/3D imaging concept coming. and what about that medium format folding film camera that was shown at the start of the year, huh Fuji??? ;p

some news,,,,,yeah,,,,,at last something from fuji :)

cheers

I would have expected something new from them by now.

S6pro is definitely on the way with this announcement of new Super CCD EXR :)
Let Fuji show the world how to make sensors :)

S6pro is definitely on the way with this announcement of new Super CCD EXR :)
Let Fuji show the world how to make sensors :)

s6pro with d300 body and movie function. I'm sold. :bsmilie:

s6pro with d300 body and movie function. I'm sold. :bsmilie:

If it costs more than $3,000, will you still be sold?

Anyway, I doubt they will incooperate movie function into their next DSLR.

Keep in mind that Fujifilm is a very traditional and reserved company. They are known to not to follow the mainstream crowd.

Last edited:
if D300 body, i think the price will be around 2.8k

When S5 Pro first came out in February 2007, the suggested retail price was S$2,900. And a D200 then was only S$2,650. So you can imagine what a S6 Pro may cost if you know how Fuji prices their cameras.

Both the S2 Pro and S3 Pro cost over S$5,000 when they were first launched back in 2002 and 2004. And a Nikon D100 cost about S$4,000 in 2002.

Last edited:
looks like S5 Pro is not the last one as some had said...

sounds gd! :)

looks like S5 Pro is not the last one as some had said...

sounds gd! :)

My concern is this new SuperCCD EXR is not to be used in a DSLR but a medium format body instead.

Last edited:
My concern is this new SuperCCD EXR is not to be used in a DSLR but a medium format body instead.

:bigeyes: in any case, be it dSLR or MF or even on compacts, it is still sth for Fuji fans to lookout for!

The stereroscopic camera looks interesting. But can I adjust the baseline width?
EXR - if resolution doesn't matter, the CFA pattern doesn't matter either.

movie mode should be in, but may not be so soon.

"FinePix REAL 3D SYSTEM is also paving the way for new possibilities in 2D photo enjoyment. At the heart of the system, is a new concept camera fitted with dual lenses. Each lens can capture stills or movies from a slightly different position, producing the basis of the 3D image."

the new dual lenses system would be something very new and different to those who uses SLR/DSLR all this while... :)

Most likely a compact first. Maybe an upgrade to the E900. If they can't get bodies from Nikon, no DSLR.

I agree. Don't wish to sound too pessimistic, but the whole Fuji news release seems to focus on the problems arising from cramping 12MP onto a small compact camera sensor.

The 3D technology (photoviewer, etc) also seems to me targeted at the consumer level. I cannot imagine who would buy TWO 70-200 VR lenses in order to get Fuji's new "3D" look -- not feasible for SLRs, IMHO.

But we shall see...

Status
Not open for further replies.