Fuji X10, so pretty!

Interesting. I agree the samples from the G1X look better, but it doesn't offer that much of a size advantage over my Pentax K-x, and the OVF is (by all accounts) quite a bit worse than the X-10 (key factor for me). If I didn't already have a fairly compact DSLR the G1X would be more tempting, but I have decided it is probably neither as flexible and pleasant to use as a DSLR, nor compact and light enough to be really handy as a travel cam.

So far the X-10 is winning the battle for my affections ....

IMO, x10 has been very handy as well as capable of good photo shoots. My friends have been blown away with the shoots, even low lighting is neither an obstacle to this small gem. OMG, it is really a fun high-end cam to have with plenty to give.;)

Agree with most Bro here.... Its really a very nice Cam... the video is very good as well..... no regret getting it for a small simple walk around Cam.... :thumbsup::lovegrin:

Hello all,

Where is a good place to get one? Read all the comments and now I am poisoned!!

Is the 16GB class 10? I was quoted $849 by TK Photo with extra battery, cleaning kit (which I got no need).

Yes, is class 10. Got mine from SLR too, like what Cheesecake mentioned is S$802, and pay $7 for the extra 3rd party battery. So far, SLR is the cheapest I can find :)

Best buy is from SLR Revo, Second best buy is from Parisilk @ S$817.00

Just sharing on the pricing at Funan's Harvey Norman as of 25th Jan, albeit not the cheapest:
$840 - cash
$880 - credit card

Memphis said:
Just sharing on the pricing at Funan's Harvey Norman as of 25th Jan, albeit not the cheapest:
$840 - cash
$880 - credit card

Are they including any "freebies"?

The Fuji X10 Leaf shutter is awesome!

Used a Phottix trigger and SB-900 (1/4 power) to radio trigger @ 1/4000/sec! High speed sync!

This was taken in very bright daylight high noon. Adjustment made in Lightroom for exposure and saturation.

407066_10150718052554046_738529045_12294550_927279813_n.jpg

I've been using a tungsten gel filter on the X10 built in flash and also the EF20. Works very well. Basically the tungsten gel is to enable the same color light from flash and from the ambient light source. That way, with a custom white balance, you can get foreground and background to be the same color and makes for very natural looking lighting. At first I used double sided tape to keep the gel in place, but now I'm using magnetic strips to keep them in place and switch positions. See below

Tungsten gel ready to shot in flash

Tungsten gel kept when not shooting flash

A group photo shot with built in flash using tungsten gel and strong ambient light .. Pardon the photo sharpness, the waiter helping us shot the photo was not very steady.

Me and my uncle. Shot with EF-20 Flash with tungsten gel and strong ambient light.

Last edited:
The Fuji X10 Leaf shutter is awesome!

Used a Phottix trigger and SB-900 (1/4 power) to radio trigger @ 1/4000/sec! High speed sync!

This was taken in very bright daylight high noon. Adjustment made in Lightroom for exposure and saturation.

407066_10150718052554046_738529045_12294550_927279813_n.jpg

Good result with your flash and nice shot.

I've been using a tungsten gel filter on the X10 built in flash and also the EF20. Works very well. Basically the tungsten gel is to enable the same color light from flash and from the ambient light source. That way, with a custom white balance, you can get foreground and background to be the same color and makes for very natural looking lighting. At first I used double sided tape to keep the gel in place, but now I'm using magnetic strips to keep them in place and switch positions. See below

A group photo shot with flash using tungsten gel and strong ambient light .. Pardon the photo sharpness, the waiter helping us shot the photo was not very steady.

Good result on your tungsten gel too.

A group photo shot with built in flash using tungsten gel and strong ambient light .. Pardon the photo sharpness, the waiter helping us shot the photo was not very steady.

Me and my uncle. Shot with EF-20 Flash with tungsten gel and strong ambient light.

thanks for sharing. interesting set up!

thanks for sharing. interesting set up!

For my indoor flash photography its almost a standard thing to do now. Tried doing just normal flash without gel and auto balance or even custom white balance, usually end up half yellow half daylight color. Almost impossible to correct properly with mix of colors. Once the colors are all the same (tungsten), its easy to get balanced colors.

Also its cheap, the tungsten gel is just a few dollars from Cathay Photo. Its the size of a mahjong paper, so just cut small bit, so less than a few cents per gel. Also the magnetic sheets can be bought cheaply at any stationary shop. Then use double sided tape to put them all together.