fuji stopped velvia slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkornos

Oct 31, 2008
Singapore/Asia
Guys check out fuji news. Velvia will be discontinued.

only the velvia 100 apparantly :)
think velvia 50 still will be produced? do correct if i'am wrong

The only remaining velvia will be the velvia 50 35mm.
Bummer.

only the velvia 100 apparantly :)
think velvia 50 still will be produced? do correct if i'am wrong

Velvia 100F for all formats is gone.
Velvia 50 only for LF formats is gone. It may not affect roll film shooters.
Velvia 100 is still alive for all the formats.

Fujifilm discontinues some Velvia films - Digital Cameras: SLR & Compact Cameras

Fujifilm discontinues two professional films [update] - British Journal of Photography

it will end production of several variants of the film, including 100F in 35mm, 120 and 4x5 formats and Velvia 50 in 4x5 and 8x10 formats..

Very depressing news.

From some of the online comments, it seems Fujifilm USA and some of the distributors are not aware of it as well ?
I cannot seem to find the official news release from fujifilm. Any links ?

Ryan

Last edited:
ahhh, why velvia and not other films like sensia?

Sensia died afew years ago..

I liked Sensia, then I turned to kodak eiltechrome, then kodak killed them, now this...

really bad news :( thinking when films will be stopped... I've just started :(

really bad news :( thinking when films will be stopped... I've just started :(

HANG ON!!

Fujifilm UK Disinformation?

I've just contacted Fujifilm USA, Badger Graphic and BH Photovideo and none of them has heard anything about discontinuations.

This sounds like the same issue that Fujifim UK had when they announced the discontinuation of Astia a couple of years back (as mentioned in the article). Strangely it's still available in the rest of the world but not the UK.

If this is the case then Fujifilm UK should be ashamed of themselves for spreading disinformation about the future of film, adding fuel to the fire that film's future is still in jeapardy and potentially stopping people taking up film again.

in actual fact it seems that Fujifilm UK can't manage to get film imported or distributed for a decent price. Buying 20 sheets of 4x5 Velvia in the US costs £33, the same film in the UK costs £86. Even with tax and import duty, that difference is astonishing and it's not surprising that people aren't buying much in the UK.

Read more: Fujifilm discontinues two professional films [update] - British Journal of Photography
Subscribe to BJP and save money. Click here to save 29% today.

However, I thought all films are made in Japan by fuji? If they discontinue, it must be the Japan factory right? Unless they discontinue the import of these film.

Any one want to have a mass order?

I hope the information is correct. Else we will see opportunistic hike in prices again like the remaining stocks of Ektachromes ..

I am closing this thread.

Confirmed with Fuji that the stopping is only some formats of Velvia TO UK.

Other places like China Still OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.