Fuji S2 went "black"

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris wong

Aug 4, 2005
Hi all.....

I have a fuji S2 Pro,and what happen last week when i took a pic fr it.The image was "black",any idea what happen??I check the CF card that i use with my friends DSLR,it work fine on his DSLR.So i think its my S2 problem.

I also try it out with other lens,came out the same (a black image).The "black image" have a file size about 2mb..

Could the ccd be "bbq-ed" or short out?any of you guys out there came across this problem?

Hi all.....

I have a fuji S2 Pro,and what happen last week when i took a pic fr it.The image was "black",any idea what happen??I check the CF card that i use with my friends DSLR,it work fine on his DSLR.So i think its my S2 problem.

I also try it out with other lens,came out the same (a black image).The "black image" have a file size about 2mb..

Could the ccd be "bbq-ed" or short out?any of you guys out there came across this problem?

You should call Fuji Service Centre about it. The number to call is 6380-5557 (Monday-Friday 9am to 7pm).

someone i know complained about his S2 being spoilt and all when he saw black photos after a shoot. (ranted abt the cf card being spoilt)

anyway it turned out that he left it at M at high shutter speed and low aperture. So just check that out.

Otherwise head to Fuji to have it changed. Not cheap though. should be in the excess of $500.

Thanks alot guy for your tips...:)

Very likely sensor death. Send to Fuji, be nice to the people, speak like a gentleman and you'll probably get it repaired for almost free.

Happens to S2pro, My S2po is on it's 3rd sensor now. 1st sensor lasted 20k shots or so, 2nd 10k shots.

I was told by Fuji to keep the heat low on the sensor, so don't leave it in your car, use the 15 seconds sleep and shut it off when not used.

Thanks for the tip "yowch"....

I think its going to be stressfull to bring my S2 out in open,esp when in the open sun.Sent my S2 for check up already..I think by next week should have some reply from fuji.

Status
Not open for further replies.