Fuji Provia

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jinn

if i'm going to take some outdoor pics in the late afternoon (4pm - 6pm) is it ok to use Provia 100F? or must i use Provia 400?

what about indoor shoots? eg. Expo Halls? which slides should i go for? cost is a concern...

thanks.

Um, it depends on the lens you're using, and the subject etc etc. Although in general, ISO 100 would suffice around 4pm, and you'll probably need the 400 towards 6pm, if you're still handholding.

Indoor. With flash? Lighting greatly varies indoor.

If cost is a concern, use the consumer version --> Sensia. Provia's for the pros (comes with pros pricing).

Originally posted by jinn
if i'm going to take some outdoor pics in the late afternoon (4pm - 6pm) is it ok to use Provia 100F? or must i use Provia 400?

It all depends on the lighting conditions at that time. On a sunny day, Provia 100F is more then enough, unless you need faster speed for things like Sports photography.

Originally posted by jinn
what about indoor shoots? eg. Expo Halls? which slides should i go for? cost is a concern...
thanks.

If you are shooting Events or Concerts, my advise is, use flims, don't use slides. Example NPH 400 or Press 800.
When you use flims, if your shots is under, you still can get your lap to save them.

erm... actually i'll be shooting on some dogs events. the afternoon one is at bishan park and the indoor one is at singapore expo.

may i ask how much would sensia cost me? does it come with ISO 100 and 400 too?

If youre shooting indoors use print film not slides unless youre blasting with flash. My fav is kodak supra 800 and Fuji press 800. Can rate them at 640 or 500. You can also push them to 1600. Slide film will die at 1600 (3 stop push?) full of grain and colour shift.

Right, for indoors under artificial/mixed lighting conditions, unpredictable lighting, etc, use a fast negative film like Fuji Press 800. It has very fine grain and can be pushed easily to 1600. Like kraterz said, rate it at 640 or 500 if you are not pushing.

Slides have very low exposure latitude, and is not as suitable for shooting events like the ones you mentioned.

Regards
CK

ok, thanks guys. i'll try Fuji Press 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.