Fuji HS 50 EXR Review

aloks

Deregistered
Jun 22, 2009
Hi Friends
Any friend in this forum using a Fuji HS 50 EXR camera ?, please post your opinion about this camera, is this camera suitable for bird photography ? . Searched here in FUjifilm section but could not find any review.

Thanks
Alok

No users of Fuji HS 50 in Clubsnap :cool:

Waiting for reviews.
Thanks
Aloks

don't tell me that after months of posting, you still haven't gotten your camera?

Go search DP Review. Don't be lazy

low cost hs series, in my own opinion has the legendary Fuji colors, very beautiful. In terms of zoom, you've to have a super steady hand to handle the zoom, otherwise, need tripod. For this one, your photos can turn out either super lousy or very nice. Very bad in low light, great in bright light but tons of purple fringing. And so on.. lazy to point out, I'm not a pro reviewer hehe.

Thot u posted another thread earlier on similar topic?

don't tell me that after months of posting, you still haven't gotten your camera?

Go search DP Review. Don't be lazy

Hi Kei1309
Thanks for reply, actually I purchased a D90 kit, during our previous discussion, now I have developed interest in Bird Photography and do not have budget for Nikon 80-400 VR lens, so want a camera with longer zoom range, that is why I have posted here to get expert views from Clubsnap member friends.
Fuji HS 50 test report is not available on DP reveiw.

Thanks
Alok

Thot u posted another thread earlier on similar topic?

Yes, a similar ( not 100 % ) was posted here, before purchasing my D 90, Sorry

@ Dennisc -- Thanks for reply.

Thanks
Alok

Last edited:
http:// www. pbase.com /merriwolf /fuji_hs50

this should be the answer if HS50 can take bird photograpy. in his site he was quite successful with his shots. Pardon me for the spacing cuz I cant post links

cheers!

Thanks Kopiooo for the link.

Regards
Alok

Hi Kei1309
Thanks for reply, actually I purchased a D90 kit, during our previous discussion, now I have developed interest in Bird Photography and do not have budget for Nikon 80-400 VR lens, so want a camera with longer zoom range, that is why I have posted here to get expert views from Clubsnap member friends.
Fuji HS 50 test report is not available on DP reveiw.

Thanks
Alok

Good luck with that! Btw why do you absolutely need a 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED for birding?

@ageha - I know that a 300 mm prime with TC combination is the best for Bird photography, but when you have a low budget , you have to go for atleast a Nikon 80-400 lens, that is why I have mentioned that due to low budget I can not go for a 80-400 now, and I am planning for a bridge camera.
Thanks
Aloks

@ageha - I know that a 300 mm prime with TC combination is the best for Bird photography, but when you have a low budget , you have to go for atleast a Nikon 80-400 lens, that is why I have mentioned that due to low budget I can not go for a 80-400 now, and I am planning for a bridge camera.
Thanks
Aloks

Buy a cheap m43 camera and a Panasonic 100-300mm which equals a 200-600mm. It has a larger sensor and will give you better results on a low budget.