Fuji F610

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearycute

Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Anyone had this cam? How is the image quality? Tempted by the trade in offer featured in Straits Time....

My friend just bought this digicam yesterday from Tangs at the offer price which is very attractive I must say for a 6 Mp camera. Best about getting from Tangs is that if you have a Tangs card, you can get 6% rebate (even with the offer) and an additional $20 voucher for members because of their current instore promotion. You can use any camera to trade in ... and I mean ANY camera.... including disposable cameras which my friend used at Tangs.

Bear in mind that this camera uses xD card only and comes with a 16M card.

bearycute said:
Anyone had this cam? How is the image quality? Tempted by the trade in offer featured in Straits Time....

wat trade in offer?
care to share?

:)

rainman said:
wat trade in offer?
care to share?

:)
oh... trade in any camera (except disposable according to the sales person at Fuji) and buy F610 for $599...dun know whether is this price good?

got a contact....just told me can get at $580 w/o a need to "sacrifice" any of our beloved cam!!! haha... some more xd Card( 512MB) can get at $245... wonder whether that is a good price...

yulee said:
Wah, where to get at $580 w/o tradein? 512Mb xD-Picture card at $245 sounds reasonable too :)
If you want, I can get for you...pm ur contacts

I got mine at MS Colour without trade in. Only $599 incl GST and payment by VISA.

But after reading this, I should have got it at CK Tangs as can get additional 6% rebate!!!

Darn!!!

Hey hey... where to get 512 XD card for $245??? Care to share?? Thanxxx

rUffles said:
I got mine at MS Colour without trade in. Only $599 incl GST and payment by VISA.

But after reading this, I should have got it at CK Tangs as can get additional 6% rebate!!!

Darn!!!

Hmmm...seems like quite a few are interested in the xd card....those interested can pm me w contacts... will get it for u...

Lee Meng Trading (Rochor) @ 62931086 selling $580 w/o trade-in. 512Mb xD-Picture card $220 at Alan Photo :)

Is this the one you guys are referring to?
fuji-finepix-f610-lrg.jpg

rUffles said:

Darn!!!

how much is it selling at Tangs? is it the same price ($599 incl GST)? Citibank Tangs card owners would get additional 8% rebates.

mpenza said:
how much is it selling at Tangs? is it the same price ($599 incl GST)? Citibank Tangs card owners would get additional 8% rebates.
Yes it is selling at the RRP of $599 at Tangs. I think that the 8% rebate for Citibank Tangs and Tangs Care cards was a past promotion and the rebate has reverted to the normal 6% already.

Could always wait for the occassional 12% rebates that Tangs gives on a promotional basis for an even better deal. Or buy it this coming Sat-Mon when they have a monthly giveaway of a Zaire Palm organiser worth $90 for purchases over $100 on top of the 6% rebate for Citibank Tangs and Tangs Care card holders.

HI,

Not very familier on that area.. R you referring to Sim Lim Square? If so, which unit? Thanks. (Pai Say to call :p)

yulee said:
Lee Meng Trading (Rochor) @ 62931086 selling $580 w/o trade-in. 512Mb xD-Picture card $220 at Alan Photo :)

Lee Meng Trading & Home Appliances
Address : 104/106 Jln Besar
Telephone : 6293 1086

It's beside Sungei Rd, before Sim Lim Tower

Hi,
I realised the infrared detector is located at the top left corner of the camera. Being a small camera, a user with large hands may easily cover this detector. This may affect focussing and resulting in off focus pics.
My experience is to have one where the infrared detector is located almost in the center of the camera, and this would avoid accidental covering by user's hands. Especially if you are on a tour, and you pass it on to someone else in your tour group, and all you get is blurry pics.....

Regards,
Michael

yulee said:
Hehe, me too! Anybody used Fuji cameras before?

Hey there, i used a finepix F601z before...guess its similar to the F610 except that the F610 is 6 mpixel while the F601 is half that..anyway, personally feel that at $599, the camera have a good performance / price ratio...u might wanna check out some New Zealand pics i took using the F601 at the landscape / travel gallery:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=87559

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=87558

these were heavily jpg compressed & shrunk for site upload... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.