Fuji F31 or Nikon P5000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerashy

Sep 27, 2004
Anyone did a comparison of the two? Which to get?

If u already had external flash like SB-400, SB-600 or SB-800, then I think you should grab Nikon P5000.

Actuaaly today I went to MS color and wanted to buy the P5000.
Ended up never buy. Disappointed. Why? The LCD upon half press during focuss will let go with red light which is quite broad. Depending on how much you zoom. If Max is very mild and upon wide angle whole LCD is red strike of light. It is very irritating although it will not affect the picture. I do not know exactly how to explain and toy try on your own and you will understand. I have called Nikon technical department and they told me is due to LCD overflow of information and is normal. I have tried L10 L11 all do not have such problem.

Color is so so only some more. Although I am a Nikon supporter but rather disappointed although I like the shutter speed compared with G7 as it has a shutter lag.
All shot were done default to compare with F31FD

Actuaaly today I went to MS color and wanted to buy the P5000.
Ended up never buy. Disappointed. Why? The LCD upon half press during focuss will let go with red light which is quite broad. Depending on how much you zoom. If Max is very mild and upon wide angle whole LCD is red strike of light. It is very irritating although it will not affect the picture. I do not know exactly how to explain and toy try on your own and you will understand. I have called Nikon technical department and they told me is due to LCD overflow of information and is normal. I have tried L10 L11 all do not have such problem.

Color is so so only some more. Although I am a Nikon supporter but rather disappointed although I like the shutter speed compared with G7 as it has a shutter lag.
All shot were done default to compare with F31FD

By the way sorry for my poor explaination. You have to try then you understand what I mean perhaps those who have tried it can explain better. My thinking although they claim is not a issue but my question is why the problem they know and yet still dare to sell in the market.By the way it will happen only outdoor shooting the red light vetical on the LCd.

No and no need just point anyway when outdoor you can get those vertical lines already. Even Nikon technical has verify that their set there also like that. I am not pointing at the sun. During the test the time was 2.30pm and facing a patch of greens. But must be outdoor to see those lines. Depending on the zoom range if wide angle the lines could be as thick as 1inch or more. As you zoom it get lesser. I was told that LCD overflow of information by them.

No and no need just point anyway when outdoor you can get those vertical lines already. Even Nikon technical has verify that their set there also like that. I am not pointing at the sun. During the test the time was 2.30pm and facing a patch of greens. But must be outdoor to see those lines. Depending on the zoom range if wide angle the lines could be as thick as 1inch or more. As you zoom it get lesser. I was told that LCD overflow of information by them.

So ended up yesterday never buy and today went to buy the F40 and F31 each. I have given my E900 away so was looking at the new P5000. Just abit disappointed. Anyway actually in my mind was thinking of Fuji cause I am not a Sony CCD fan

So ended up yesterday never buy and today went to buy the F40 and F31 each. I have given my E900 away so was looking at the new P5000. Just abit disappointed. Anyway actually in my mind was thinking of Fuji cause I am not a Sony CCD fan

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your fujifilm cameras, my fren. Enjoy. = )

The red lighting problem only happens when using apertures on the range
2.7 to 3.0 or 3.4. As more open is the aperture, more intense is the red light layer.
As well, those vertical red lines appear on the x-axis where brighter light is present.
And my question and conclusion is.... On every pixel the captured amount of light is controlled by the exposure time and the aperture of the diafragma. The information from every pixel is then send to the LCD display. Why when using short exposure time (1/1000 for instance) and large aperture (2.7 - 3.4) that information causes an LCD overflow and when using lower speed (1/125) and smaller apertures (5-7) it does not?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.