Front Page News

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
With the parly debate so contentious and a protest looming in Hong Lim, I am surprised that the front page news right in the middle of The Straits Times today is that of young Korean boy's kind deed on MRT. WTF, shouldn't this kind of news be under the Home section or even Stomp. The editor watched too much Korean soap opera or throwing a smoke bomb on parly proceedings? Pui! If this kind of non International or National issues are making the front pages, this will be the last copy of The Straits Times I am buying. Very poor choice, I thought.

Well, stomp generally only features PRC news and happenings nowadays anyway.

Genuine act of kindness should be promoted :)

I do not see anything wrong for it to appear in front page.

The States Times is a paper where

1) Journalistic Integrity
2) unbiased analysis
3) impartial and non partisan political critique
4) complete adherence to the rule of Law in Singapore (Specifically the Elections Act)
5) Features and publications free from propaganda and subtles agenda

cannot and will never ever be found .
Don't read. It is only good for my kittens to poop on.

Yutaka Go said:
Genuine act of kindness should be promoted :)

I do not see anything wrong for it to appear in front page.

Yes it should be promoted but not on front page. Its the front page that we are talking about, Important news or issue should occupy the front page of the main stream papers. ST is not Xin Ming or Wan Bao, unless there is no more news to report then you put up all this on the front page.

I used to tell people that if a group of us goes into a meeting room to discuss on some matters. Everyone gives praises to each other and we end up happy but didn't achieve why we meet in the first place.

However, before we discuss and start to question each other, we will end up blaming and defending. Also no conclusion and progress.

So, best is to give some credits than follow by some objective suggestions and comments. Should acknowledge and promote this good deeds but may not need to be in the front page. Maybe under our 'Home' page where the using accident, falling trees and ah soh market news belong.

With the parly debate so contentious and a protest looming in Hong Lim, I am surprised that the front page news right in the middle of The Straits Times today is that of young Korean boy's kind deed on MRT. WTF, shouldn't this kind of news be under the Home section or even Stomp. The editor watched too much Korean soap opera or throwing a smoke bomb on parly proceedings? Pui! If this kind of non International or National issues are making the front pages, this will be the last copy of The Straits Times I am buying. Very poor choice, I thought.

I will buy Straits Times if they have Page One Gal. :bsmilie:

I will buy Straits Times if they have Page One Gal. :bsmilie:

What.. Not page three cat? :bsmilie:
Cmon guys.. don't you read papers for fun anymore? No wonder people getting more stressed everyday

For serious news and discussion, please go to KPT :bsmilie:

I used to tell people that if a group of us goes into a meeting room to discuss on some matters. Everyone gives praises to each other and we end up happy but didn't achieve why we meet in the first place.

However, before we discuss and start to question each other, we will end up blaming and defending. Also no conclusion and progress.

So, best is to give some credits than follow by some objective suggestions and comments. Should acknowledge and promote this good deeds but may not need to be in the front page. Maybe under our 'Home' page where the using accident, falling trees and ah soh market news belong.

Home Page is where all the bad news is located :(
I usually try to skip that page because I don't want to see them :(

See what happen when US newspaper put the shooter news on front page => more shooter appear because they want to be on front page news :(

Last edited:
Front page headlines for tomorrow morning will be...

Population White Paper Passed In Parliament With Overwhelming Support

....... from people wearing white only

Not from people wearing other colors

and please, why complain about front page news.

so it means that if the news is not catchy, you wouldn't read it?

how about looking at it in another way:

the government is trying to get us to stop trampling on the immigrants or foreign workers, and even tourists.

seriously. you singaporeans are making this a lousy place for foreigners to come visit

and please, why complain about front page news.

so it means that if the news is not catchy, you wouldn't read it?

how about looking at it in another way:

the government is trying to get us to stop trampling on the immigrants or foreign workers, and even tourists.

seriously. you singaporeans are making this a lousy place for foreigners to come visit

Isn't the front page supposed to sell a paper?

If such news can make it to the front page of the state paper, means there probably isn't any thing news worthy in the world or probably insinuating that the people should really just be reading such inconsequential news.

Last edited:
i only wear white or black clothing. you have something against me?

Sorry :bsmilie:

I don't realize you are a MP in Parliament :bsmilie:

I only read the comics :)

Front page is for manipulating opinions, trends and issues. Also for distracting public from more important issues to pedantic happenings (staged or otherwise).

Front page headlines for tomorrow morning will be...

Population White Paper Passed In Parliament With Overwhelming Support

more abu neh neh will be imported in the coming years. i am a IT guy and i dont feel secure...coz lot of abu neh neh also IT...

Front page is for manipulating opinions, trends and issues. Also for distracting public from more important issues to pedantic happenings (staged or otherwise).

Perhaps the editor is trying to tell Singaporeans that South Korean youth treat their elderly better than Singapore.

We should retire at South Korea to solve the aging population and over population (6.9 mils) in Singapore :bsmilie:

more abu neh neh will be imported in the coming years. i am a IT guy and i dont feel secure...coz lot of abu neh neh also IT...

I totally understand how u feel bro. Cause I'm an IT guy too