Frightening Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
2109988846_0bbfbf451c.jpg

Now, that's really a bloody mess.

The situation was pretty grim...but back to my original question. How quickly would you expect the Police to respond to a 999 situation like this?
I don't expect a response time or demand a response time from Police since the Police are humans too, they ain't Superman.

To someone in need, 1min is eternity.

or he was abused by a...pontiank!!!:bsmilie:

There's a lot of... blood? Red wine? :dunno:
Anyway, if anyone is unfortunate enough to have cut your forehead accidentally, you will know that it's quite difficult to stop the bleeding one. Even if it's a small cut.

Well, I did once.:embrass:

Oh noo. I would expect help to arrive immediatelly, I mean, everyone does. But in reality, about 10 to 15 minutes?

Oh noo. I would expect help to arrive immediatelly, I mean, everyone does. But in reality, about 10 to 15 minutes?

I agree. I expected the Police to turn up in around 10 mins but in reality it was over 20 mins. Seemed a lot longer!

U mean he was knocking on the wrong door? :think:

If a caller claims that there's a girl screaming downstairs at the park at 2am, and it looks like a bunch of 3 guys were attacking her, or that there's a fight going on at the moment of calling, I would expect a super fast response say within 5 mins, where as in your case, where you were (safely) in your house, it might take a little longer say 5 - 20 mins, but IF you called back stating that you started to detect a very strong kerosene smell coming from outside your door, I think they will respond super urgently and have a CD outrider in tow, or the CD outrider may actually turn up first to assess the situation/crisis management.

Another consideration is the location. If it's a 'famous' location with a penchant for disturbances, they might respond much faster.

I totally disagree with this. I dialled 999 for an abduction (and rape victim). The nearby police took 20min to respond. In the end, the Japanese man took the girl away. The police arrived, I told them the hp as evidence on the floor which i did not touch. One of the police used his bare hands, picked up the phone and slipped the phone into his pocket and said thanks. How about 'CSI' procedures on handling evidences (ie fingerprints?)? Its only a show in usa. We are in Asia, remember? And by the way, I learned criminology (in the states) and am fully aware the case was totally screwed.

I totally disagree with this. I dialled 999 for an abduction (and rape victim). The nearby police took 20min to respond. In the end, the Japanese man took the girl away. The police arrived, I told them the hp as evidence on the floor which i did not touch. One of the police used his bare hands, picked up the phone and slipped the phone into his pocket and said thanks. How about 'CSI' procedures on handling evidences (ie fingerprints?)? Its only a show in usa. We are in Asia, remember? And by the way, I learned criminology (in the states) and am fully aware the case was totally screwed.
This happen in USA or here??

Rape? bduction? Japanese men taking girl away? Police pocketing handphone evidence?

Which part of town are you living in? I wanna go there and watch some drama serials.

But I do agree in that not everyone is perfect, and that police constables (the ones who respond to emergency calls) are only human. Besides, we would never be privvy to the behind the scenes and on-goings, and shortcomings of such a body, so all we can do is speculate.

According to the Police Service Standards, they claim to reach nonurgent cases in 30 minutes and urgent cases in 15 min

If what you say is true..this is a case that could end careers and create quite a hoopla for the Police force if you launch a complain like this. How did you come to deduce it was an aduction and if the Jap and girl has left, how you know she was raped later or she was raped before the aduction? What else did you or anyone else did in the mean time after the call? If you say crime scene..what is define as a crime scene to you? The rape took place there?

I can't see why a police would pick up a phone and put in his pocket like that unless he is asking for trouble of not just damaging evidence but for theft too. If it was a site of a crime, a team would be sent down to take evidence. So the case was fully screwed as you did a follow up on the case as a concern citizen or you launch a report on the police. I have to assume since you did do a course in Criminology in the States you have to be involve in some way with the Police or Crime detection organisation? So you could have use your influence to get more details or file a complaint of incompetency with the division? When did this happen?

Something don't sound right..care to elaborate? I would like to know more.

This sound more like a badly written Taiwan soap opera then something that happens in Singapore.

Imagine this scenario: You are lying in bed when you are suddenly woken by someone shouting at the top of their voice outside your front door. You look at the clock and it's 4am. A few seconds later you hear the guy screaming (aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!) again and then you hear him try to get in your door.

You decide to call 999, not knowing who it is or what they want.

How quickly would you expect the police to arrive?

Is it a new Korean drama?

Imagine this scenario: You are lying in bed when you are suddenly woken by someone shouting at the top of their voice outside your front door. You look at the clock and it's 4am. A few seconds later you hear the guy screaming (aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!) again and then you hear him try to get in your door.

You decide to call 999, not knowing who it is or what they want.

How quickly would you expect the police to arrive?

Depends on how you complaint, if its terrorist then also immediately, if you complaint someone park the car blocking your way then it will take forever.

Few things to remember or not to be missed when calling emergency line 999 or 995,
1) Asked the operator ID,
> tell your story .........
2) Before you hang up, asked for the incident no (report no), and time check.
(time check = thats where you can monitor the response time you called till the arrival of the police or the ambulance at scene.)
With this simple steps, you will measure the efficiency of the service providers.

I agree. I expected the Police to turn up in around 10 mins but in reality it was over 20 mins. Seemed a lot longer!

This is rather bad, for such a small place, I can nearly get to Changi from my Clementi AYE exit in that time. The police are only a 5 minute walk down the road from most places!

Status
Not open for further replies.