FORMULA 1 TELEFONICA GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (21-23 Aug 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya lah! Dunno wad were they thinking! :thumbsd: :angry:

Anyway, congrats to R. Barrichello. Well done.

Ya McLaren pit crew messed up the race for Lewis.... not used to being fast again.

Great win for Brawn and Barrichello. Brawn won as the better team.

But what happened to Button? He is not the best driver as he claimed???? Mighty disappointing for the leader of the driver points.

As for Luca .... think he would need more than a few races to sort his driving on the F1 car. Can't really blame him as there is no practice allowed. But then compared to the debuts of Alguersuari and Grosjean he is really lacking in first race pace. Massa better come back quicker if Ferrari needs more points. Otherwise at least one Ferrari car will be finishing behind Force India for the rest of the season!!!!

LOL.. lewis make me loose $25...

Should have placed a bet on Barrichello, after qualifying $1 to pay $7!

However, if you analyse the pace of Barrichello in Qualifying 3, his times was just 0.1 sec off Hamilton's pole. Which likely means deducting his 10kg extra fuel to match Hammy, Barrichello's true lap was 0.2 sec faster than Hammy's pole lap.

Also the 2nd pit stop time, Barrichello's pit was 6.5 secs faster. On lap 36, gap between Hamilton & Barrichello was 3.6 secs, and on lap 41, gap between Barrichello was 6.0 secs, meaning Barrichello gained 9.6 secs at the pit stop. Accounting for the 6.5 secs lost, Barrichello would have still been 3 secs faster after the round of pit stops if Hamilton didn't have the pit stop blunder.

Bottomline: Barrichello was alot faster on Sunday.

& to add, Raikkonen was faster than Hamilton in terms of race lap times.

Last edited:
LOL.. lewis make me loose $25...

Should have placed a bet on Barrichello, after qualifying $1 to pay $7!

However, if you analyse the pace of Barrichello in Qualifying 3, his times was just 0.1 sec off Hamilton's pole. Which likely means deducting his 10kg extra fuel to match Hammy, Barrichello's true lap was 0.2 sec faster than Hammy's pole lap.

Also the 2nd pit stop time, Barrichello's pit was 6.5 secs faster. On lap 36, gap between Hamilton & Barrichello was 3.6 secs, and on lap 41, gap between Barrichello was 6.0 secs, meaning Barrichello gained 9.6 secs at the pit stop. Accounting for the 6.5 secs lost, Barrichello would have still been 3 secs faster after the round of pit stops if Hamilton didn't have the pit stop blunder.

Wah! Superb analysis, Bro. Next time you can be one liao...

Wah! Superb analysis, Bro. Next time you can be one liao...

that was mentioned is the post race analysis on ESPN sports. :bsmilie:

This Luca guy is ridiculas! Did anyone see Shumi's face when this Luca guy was overtaken by another rookie exiting the pits? I got not much hope for him, even the commentators think he isn't good enough. Well, thats based on this race but I dun have high hopes of him. Even old grannies and grandpas can drive faster than him.

ahhh... Luca is just being gracious and allow Grosjean to overtake him at the pit exit :bsmilie:

and yeah... i saw that look on Schumi's face. he must've been thinking... "Haiz..."

but then... overtaking is hard to come by in Valencia. it's just another Monaco... boring street circuit. at least Singapore has more overtaking opportunities as compared to Valencia and Monaco.

ahhh... Luca is just being gracious and allow Grosjean to overtake him at the pit exit :bsmilie:

and yeah... i saw that look on Schumi's face. he must've been thinking... "Haiz..."

Let's hope Schumi's neck can recover enough for him to take over. Or better still, Massa to have a miracle recovery and come back immediately:angel:

that was mentioned is the post race analysis on ESPN sports. :bsmilie:

Oh.. i didn't watch the Post Race Analysis on ESPN Star.

I just got all my info from http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Pages/timing.aspx and studied the race lap analysis, and race pit stop times.

A lot of useful information can be found there.

Also we can see that Lewis is slower in the third sector, namely turns 18 and 19 which demands a 4th/5th gear for that series of turns. This highlights less high speed grip that the Mclaren has. Now why is he faster in Sectors 1 and 2? Answer: KERS used on exit of turns 5, 10 and 14.

Valencia circuit map:
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/eur09_circuit.pdf

Let's hope Schumi's neck can recover enough for him to take over. Or better still, Massa to have a miracle recovery and come back immediately:angel:

I think Ferrari have plenty of options in the spare drivers market. E.g. Nelson Piquet, Seb Bourdais, Takuma Sato??

Status
Not open for further replies.