Formula 1 Malaysia GP Sepang 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has experience photographing from Covered Hillstand C2 or other hillstand?
A little budget tight...

The Hillstand C2 is also a good location for shooting. Especially the turn 9, 10 and 11, it should provide you good opportunities to capture some photos. But you need a longer lens to shoot here, at least a 400 mm, you need to set up a bit higher on the hill in order to avoid the fencing wire.

I bought 2 tickets this year a K1 and the C2. I plan to shoot at C2 on Friday during the morning practice session, it should have plenty of actions here.

Kiah

Thx 'chenws' & 'richard9318' for the useful info...
BTW, the ticket is bought from www.F1.com ?
Or is there any other web?

K1 is the best location for photographer to do shooting. The racing cars will slow down at turn 1 and 2, this give good opportunity to do panning shoot.

Last year during the starting of the race, McLaren Alonso overtake pole position Massa at turn i was able to capture the entire sequence of the overtaking.

Richard

Hi Richard,
Looks like we were sitting quite close, last year !!!

I shot the start of the race at a shorter focal length.

452241040_e947a15bfe_o.jpg

And here's a closer look at the McLaren vs Ferrari battle...

452274042_c0eb13c1b2_o.jpg

Hi Richard,

I was seated at Column C row H.

Richrad

Hi Richard,

Is it a 70-200 or 70-300 mm?

Thanx :)
Any suggested budget hotel nearby ?

During the F1 weekend, hotel prices skyrocket. I stayed at Crown Princess - a real dump of a place. But its got free parking and driving to/from the circuit as well as from/to Singapore is very convenient as you can avoid the crazy traffic in KL.

I was seated at Column C row H.

Richrad

oh my. you still remember you seat. I think I was seated at C as well, can't remember my exact seat, as I moved to the front row later. The good thing about the K stand is that even from the front row, the barbed fence doesn't obstruct your view - perfect for photo taking.

Is it a 70-200 or 70-300 mm?

shot it with the Canon 100-400mm lens, will have to check the EXIF for the exact focal lengths. update later.

eh,this thread becomes photo sharing rather than gathering.:confused:

eh,this thread becomes photo sharing rather than gathering.:confused:

No lah...it's good that he upload some sample photo from certain seat area in Sepang so that we can know what kind of equipment needed & whether the seat area is suitable for photography or not...not all ppl got budget for expensive seat...furthermore, not all ppl go 400, 500 or 600mm lens...

BTW, thx for all who share the photo & info...at least now the 1st timer like me know what equipment to bring already... :thumbsup:

ok, so lets focus now on the head count going to sepang.:)

Maybe we can meet together n take the same bus together to KL or share car/petrol/toll/parking ...
We book same hotel n I think it is safer for us to travel together especially some of you seniors have big expensive guns (>400mm lens) around in KL...
So may we set a time to discuss it together...coz I have problem choosing the right hotel... (need to consider distance vs staying cost)...headache.

any idea how far is the circuit from Pudu Raya, KL ?

any idea how far is the circuit from Pudu Raya, KL ?

Try locating on http://www.wikimapia.com or http://maps.google.com/ to check the distance

Sepang Int. Circuit (SIC): 2.760277, 101.736488
Pudu Raya KL: 3.143901, 101.702156

If you are traveling by bus to Pudu Raya, to take a taxi to SIC, the fares will be too much. Cheaper to take a cab to KL Sentral, then buy a ERL rail ticket to KLIA, then take cab to SIC.

Good luck

ok....keen to go tog

1) di0nysus (can probably try to drive), prefer K1 Gold ticket.

am keen as well. K1 Gold ticket ok with me. anyone else here interested and doing all the planning?

ok....keen to go tog

Hi, I am keen to go also. I think its best that we all meet up to talk, get familiarised with each other. Also, i wonder if spouses are allowed too? I am ok with both.

2) Jace Photo (no car. no preference for transport or ticket but safety first)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Maybe we can meet together n take the same bus together to KL or share car/petrol/toll/parking ...
We book same hotel n I think it is safer for us to travel together especially some of you seniors have big expensive guns (>400mm lens) around in KL...
So may we set a time to discuss it together...coz I have problem choosing the right hotel... (need to consider distance vs staying cost)...headache.

even am facing difficulties in hotel booking.Please share any hotel details which is safe or else we can talk to discuss this

Status
Not open for further replies.