FORMULA 1™ Grand Prix de Monaco 2007. (27 May.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has to be the most boring race of the year so far. As usual, the driver on pole position won the race.

Congratulations to Mclaren anyway.

I knew Ferrari had a lack of pace but not this much! Really blown away by McLaren. :eek:

Massa really had to be Ferrari's number 1 driver now. Kimi is useless unless he buck up. Ferrari's constructors' crown still have to rely on him getting points.

I knew Ferrari had a lack of pace but not this much! Really blown away by McLaren. :eek:

Massa really had to be Ferrari's number 1 driver now. Kimi is useless unless he buck up. Ferrari's constructors' crown still have to rely on him getting points.

I agree. After the 1st race, Kimi had been a disappointment, while Massa had been very consistent. Unless Kimi gets more reliable, Ferrari will not have a chance at the constructor's title.

Kimi has been the biggest disappointment. The fact that he has not taken a proactive leadership approach among the team, and his refusal to heed any input from his predecessor has not helped either.

I think it's high time he put off the "let me do my thing" b/s, start listening to feedback, and work closely with his team.

Come to think of it, during his stay in McLaren, I don't recall Montoya's car crapping out as much as his. I can't help but attribute it to his lack of cooperation with the team.

Even though I am a hardcore Ferrari fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the duel between Alonso and Hamilton. The latter can't be termed a rookie anymore. I think Ron Dennis might've asked Hamilton to backoff after the 2nd pitstop. He matched lap after lap with Alonso. The team might've thought that it might spur Alonso into making a mistake that would cost the team precious points.

A dismal show by Ferrari, hopefully they will dominate in Canada.

I think Ferrari made a mistake by bringing in Schumi as a consultant (actually they made a mistake of signing in Kimi - more of that later). Come to think of it, these drivers carry a HUGE ego. You think Kimi would want to listen to Schumi, particularly after having raced against him for the past few years ? No way.
Its the job of Jean Todt to come in and impose some discipline in the team. Massa's exuberance on the podium in Bahrain (completely ignoring Kimi) and Kimi's so called 'dislike' for Schumi's opinions will create a rift in the team and bring the overall morale down. The main reason why Ferrari had improved as a team was because they all had rallied around Schumi. The objective was very clear.

I just wish Schumi was driving for one more year :cry: , he certainly seemed fit enough to do so.

Anyways, onto Canada and I hope I see a Ferrari 1-2.

No lah, it's just one of the day....some car work better in Monte Carlo condition probably due to aero dynamic efficiency, notice Renault also among them....probably Mclaren has both the engine and aero that suit this kind of track perfectly.....in normal race circuit, ferrari should have the upperhand.....next race in canada is also a street circuit but more straight and more overtaking opportunity....so the chances is wide open...and the following one in Indianapolis which requires maximum horses should see Massa and Kimi shine again :thumbsup:

What makes F1 enjoyable is not the drivers, and not just the cars... it's how concerted team effort prevails.

I agree that Ferrari might have made an already bad situation worse by bringing in Schumi. They must learn to move on and adapt, rather than keep looking back to old paradigms.

Kimi's "one-man show" attitude is the most disappointing. I hope Jean Todt have a one-on-one chat with Kimi to knock some sense into his head about how F1 is a team sport.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh on him but Kimi is a major disappointment! He is consistantly outpaced by Massa and the thing is, Massa was consistantly outpaced by Schumi last season! This roughly shows the gulf in pace between them. Kimi is still miles behind Schumi and if he is THE hype, he should be compared to the best.

I read in the papers that Kimi isn't interested in technical car matters at all. He just want to drive/race and then go home or have a drink. He gives the impression that he treats F1 like a day job. After work, go home. No passion! He doesn't motivate his team or give feedback on his car's performance. This area is one of Schumi's strength.

I think it is quite obvious that Shumi is there to help Massa. Both enjoyed a great relationship last season. Kimi might not want his advice.

Absolutely. If Ferrari had plans to get Schumi as a consultant, they should've got a rookie driver with potential or someone who has the skill (like Nick Heidfeld) and who would have some respect for Schumi. Too many changes in the Ferrari team and I guess they will take some time to settle down. Am I being too optimistic ?

Got this in my mail.
http://www.formula1.com/race/news/6170/774.html

Probably McLaren had team orders that whoever qualified higher up would be supported for the race. No wonder Hamilton appeared pissed.

What do you expect? One is the defending champion, the other is a rookie. Who do you think the team will support more?

Status
Not open for further replies.