For young photographers only: Considering a photo job?

Photo jobs for young photogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if young photographers (ie. under 21s) want to work as photojournalists, wedding photographers, commercial ad photographers or event photogs in the future. Which field are you likely to choose?

haha im not planning to go into photography as a career. I see it as a hobby.. but if i have to choose, i'd rather be a photo journalist or wedding photog! it'll be nice to see people being so happy at their wedding!

Travel Photographer for Nat Geo/ Asian Geo. You'll get to see so much, exp so many diff cultures.. it'll be a very nice exp.

Sport photography!
F1, Tennis, UEFA, FIFA world cup, Olympics.
Summer, Winter.
Cannot go wrong

ahah
figure of speech mate

Actually it's quite subjective. I love photography ever since when i was 15 years old. Never turn back. Just kept on shooting for the love of it. Now it has turn into a career for me. Never did i expect it has it's rewards as well.

It's actually quite a specialized skill.

Now I specialized in Food and People photography as this are my love.

hmmm... i would wanna go into commercials...
or photojournalism... cos there's adventure involved in photojounalism and you get to travel around and see the world for what it is and what is happening to it.

Wildlife, Travel, Landscapes for Nat Geo, Photojournalism (but don't like the idea of working for garmen, maybe overseas gigs?), Fine Art, Food.

Am curiously wondering why are there so many choosing Photojourn over commercial and other fields?

Would like to hear reasons why...

Note... this is not a trick question but would really like to know.

Am curiously wondering why are there so many choosing Photojourn over commercial and other fields?

Would like to hear reasons why...

Note... this is not a trick question but would really like to know.

My guess (perhaps I'm wrong) is that in photojourn, unlike commercial jobs, it requires a whole lot less planning and staging? :dunno:

My guess (perhaps I'm wrong) is that in photojourn, unlike commercial jobs, it requires a whole lot less planning and staging? :dunno:

And also less capital to start off with.

Commercially speaking, there is the space you need to get, lightings, a performance PC/MAC, Digital Back, need to go out to market yourself and look for clients...........the list goes on.

With Photojournalism you just need a camera and a notebook.

Commercially speaking, there is the space you need to get, lightings, a performance PC/MAC, Digital Back, need to go out to market yourself and look for clients...........the list goes on.

With Photojournalism you just need a camera and a notebook.

True statement about commercial work, but only in Singapore.

But with any genre of photography, being a photojournalist you also need to know who your images are going to and where it will position you as a photographer.

Status
Not open for further replies.