For video and photo shoot, which camera, new or secondhand

kokok

Aug 2, 2007
Hi,

I am taking video and photo to help out friends' events sometimes. Also for my own family photos.

History
I used to have a Canon G15 but it was stolen recently.
G15 - no depth of field for photo and no ext mike jack for video output- disadv.
So feels ready to use dslr to overcome G15's disadvantage.

All along, I have use Canon, so have preference and confidence in its quality pictures.

What is a good and cheap camera that is compact for video and photo shoot.
Should I get a new or used camera?
Budget: $600-1000 including whatever lens I need for video and photo shoot.

IT show is now on, so should i buy there?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Avoid IT shows for camera purchases. You usually will not get good pricing there. Just visit recommended shops instead.

Selecting a camera is a very personal thing and depends greatly on personal preferences, budget and many other requirements. Best you go down to Canon Showroom and have a feel of the cameras and lenses to see what might be the best fit for you.

New or used is ok. But if you have limited experience in checking equipment, I would recommend you buy new.

Feb 28, 2014
Singapore
Since budget is a concern, I would recommend you getting a Canon 60D body only grey set which cost like SGD $800???

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
For Canon, the newer STM series of lenses is a consumer series specific for taking videos.

Shizuma

Mar 19, 2012
canon 100d with stm kit lens. form factor should be similar or familiar too

kokok

Aug 2, 2007
Sorry, Look at form factor of other mirrorless camera and they are so slim and portable - so not looking at Canon any more.

Top Bottom