For those who used to go Sparks at Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wahahaha Sparks. :bsmilie: Canto, Venom and the famous Fire disco too. :bsmilie: lol been to all the places listed here. Still Zouk and Sparks are the better ones.

lol still remembered Europa Ridleys is where I got really sloshed. Me and 2 other friends down 2 bottles of whiskey + 6 bot of mixers. :p

OMG Sammy, don't tell me you forgot Gay World, and Great World, New World and Datuk Rajah! :devil: How could you? :bsmilie:

Now we can find out who are the truly ancient on CS! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah! Warehouse, Rumours,Ridleys.......

Yeah, Rumors as well, but hardly Ridleys for me cos it was kinda outta da way. I was poor back then; still am now. :cry:

OMG Sammy, don't tell me you forgot Gay World, and Great World, New World and Datuk Rajah! :devil: How could you? :bsmilie:

Now we can find out who are the truly ancient on CS! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wah piang those place are even older venues that is not my era but was already in the sun set period for them when I heard about them. Those were hot when I was just born in the 60s heh.

I remember about 10 Years back when sparks disco is still operating at Taka level 7, the DJ used to play an intro music with laser presentation for the start of the disco session at the main hall. The intro music is actually a song that sounds like Orchestra / opera type which the ambient is quite spectacular to me. Anybody know the song title? :sweatsm::lovegrin:

the song intro from starwars.

the company who did the lighting was inova and the techincal team was team108 ,

Last edited:
i was always at Sparks tea dance. :embrass:

Canto, with that stupid bengish chanting... hahahahahahaha

Fire, Tornado, Venom... then SOS and RIDLEYS at ANA!!! el classico~!

good old days. :embrass:

i'm 18 tis yr by the way. :bsmilie:

double o n samsara, not that retro la. these 2 joints are pretty new, set up in the late 90s.

samsara no more right?

paiseh, dunno the song as requested by the TS.

Big disco
- warehouse disco , Zouk , fire , spark

later - studiobaker , scorpion , rumours , dreams , xanadu . pleasuredom , ridleys. the gate , modesto , top ten , TGIF ( fareast plaza ) , the library etc......

the first batch of club at mohd sultan

front page . club samsara, venus , next page

second batch

mdm wong , wong san , ta jie ,

the first club at clark quay

suzie wong / the dollys

still got lots more , cant remember all

Last edited:
wow talking abt it . it being a long time since i spin at some of these clubs . time really files , seem like yesterday .

still have the chucks of old records and cd form the good old days

never liked places that pushed drinks without proper live entertainment. never considered a DJ as anything more than a record changer.

the song intro from starwars.

the company who did the lighting was inova and the techincal team was team108 ,

Do you know the song title? I search and listen all the songs on the internet but none of it is correct. :dunno:

i'm 18 tis yr by the way. :bsmilie:
U 18 meh? :bsmilie:

I was a ex- Sparks regular last time also..during NS times...in the mid to late 90s...gosh how time flies!

Still remember the main dance hall...the super smoky air, all the ah bengs with their slicked back hairdos, earrings, pointed combs and ciggies in hand chanting to the eurodance beats of Mr. Vain, Drive Me Crazy, Dr. Bombay and other cheesy anthems. Yo ah yo!!! :bsmilie: Outside the driveway can see all the flashy cars, and the ah lian babes too. (beri chio) :lovegrin: Almost every weekend there will be some fight breaking out also.

Ahh the memories...lol

U 18 meh? :bsmilie:

I was a ex- Sparks regular last time also..during NS times...in the mid to late 90s...gosh how time flies!

Still remember the main dance hall...the super smoky air, all the ah bengs with their slicked back hairdos, earrings, pointed combs and ciggies in hand chanting to the eurodance beats of Mr. Vain, Drive Me Crazy, Dr. Bombay and other cheesy anthems. Yo ah yo!!! :bsmilie: Outside the driveway can see all the flashy cars, and the ah lian babes too. (beri chio) :lovegrin: Almost every weekend there will be some fight breaking out also.

Ahh the memories...lol

paiseh, o.t.

... ... ... shhhhhhhh

those days i still remember the hairdo, all aaron kwok lor. then got inner-cut la, over-lap la, under-cut la... etc.

mux buy branded apparels like valentino la, versace la... haha

now looking back, those were good old days... the tea-dance... etc. :)

end of o.t

if i hear the entrance music again, i m sure i can identify it. but i oso dunno the title...

Last edited:
paiseh, o.t.

... ... ... shhhhhhhh

those days i still remember the hairdo, all aaron kwok lor. then got inner-cut la, over-lap la, under-cut la... etc.

mux buy branded apparels like valentino la, versace la... haha

now looking back, those were good old days... the tea-dance... etc. :)

end of o.t

if i hear the entrance music again, i m sure i can identify it. but i oso dunno the title...

r u sure u 18?
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.