For those who got the D60...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos

Jan 17, 2002
Apex Circle
www.adamteo.net
Just wondering....for those who got the D60, which are the lens u got with it and why these lens?

Price?

Originally posted by AdamGoi
I'd strongly recommend to pair it up with a EF 50mm f/1.8 II; it's sharp and cheap! ;)

But the 1.6x multiplier does not make the lens work the way its intended to and might not suit some applications.

Drago, I think you should start by examining what kind of photography you are doing and select the lenses to suit yourself (bearing in mind 1.6x). You don't buy the lens for the D60, you buy the lens for yourself.

Originally posted by dragos
well, for me, I am into Landscape (Travel), Potrait and Zoom (Wildlife) lor......:(

Well, in that case I think the D60 will be both an advantage and disadvantage to you. You might need to get ultra wide angle lens for landscape purposes. Even a 17mm focal length will only give you about 28mm on the D60, which I sometimes feel is not wide enough for landscape or streetscape. On the other hand, say a 200mm focal length will give you 320mm on the D60, so I supposed its quite handy for wildlife. Your call.

Btw, do you really need a D60? Why not consider a used D30 which I think some people are letting go for quite good prices and save some cash for lenses. I'm not really giving you any advice because I myself shoots film(I like wide angles) and will not go digital(not in the near future anyway). Just pointing out something that you have to seriously consider when making this investment. Good luck.

I'd strongly recommend to pair it up with a EF 50mm f/1.8 II; it's sharp and cheap! ;)

yeah yeah...this was the lens my dad was telling me....really good....how much izzit ah....i forgotten to ask him......

Too bad the MK I is so difficult to find...

any idea what is the price for the MKI in 2nd hand market?? should be more expensive than MKII due to higher demand??

Maybe u guys can try the Sigma 20mm f1.8 or the Canon 35mm f2 also...this will give a equivalent 32mm or 56mm focal length...

Is there D60 stock in Singapore? I itching to buy already. Don't know how long I can hold out.

Originally posted by Java_Guru
Is there D60 stock in Singapore? I itching to buy already. Don't know how long I can hold out.

No stock leh.....jiat liat.....say recession some more....hahahha

:p

Why not a 1D? There's immediate stock, and I'm sure it'll help with your pictures!

Originally posted by Richard

Why not a 1D? There's immediate stock, and I'm sure it'll help with your pictures!

rather buy an L lense with a D60 and 1D with lousy lense.

rather buy an L lense with a D60 and 1D with lousy lense.

I see. You go!

If you can afford a D60, or are thinking of buying one, you should also factor in the costs of a few reasonably good lenses from wide-angle to maybe tele. Sticking the D60 with only 1 lens such as the 50 f/1.8 will make you miss many shots or other interesting perspectives provided by lenses of other focal lengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.