Status
Not open for further replies.

josephjoe

Dec 1, 2008
East
3319067595_328ae5455a_b.jpg

3319897670_a42202497c_b.jpg

3319064801_caa73ce9f8_b.jpg

Hi do check your colors... #2 and #3 is severely on the yellow side.
The food looks unappealing and off putting because of it. Take note of your background also. Is that a book in the bg in #3?
keep trying!

tissue, dad didnt like me taking pic while eating so gotta take it fast

focusing on the food in #3 seem off...

Good food, I mean good quality food photography are not taken this way.

Hi! I enjoy snapping a few shots before I eat my food too. I'm still very new to this but some things I find helpful:

1. Take a picture of a white napkin/serviette and use it to set the white balance.
2. Choose a seat near the window if there is natural light.
3. If restaurant is dark, snap A LOT of pictures, and if you're lucky, you'll get a decent one.

The WB is out, too yellowish. Probably need to put on Tungsten WB.
You using zoom lens? If can try shooting using a prime lens @ max aperture for more light.

focusing on the food in #3 seem off...

Its actually on the mushroom.
Anyway, This is a classic example on how many of us get carried away thinking that a shallow depth of field would give us good food pics.

There are many many more considerations than just a large aperture and good camera.

Regards

Just flip thro a book titled : Food Styling photography, published under Focal Press, if you're interested should get a copy.

Agree with the comments made... too yellow.. think WB is off.. and have to look awhile before realising what the food is.. first dish is fish if i not wrong... second one i had no idea it was a mushroom hahahaha ;p

Joseph, if you have a liveviewer on your DSLR. Use it to assist you to adjust the WB.

If no LV then you got to take a few shots then change WB according.

Unless you shoot in RAW, then you can still change the WB using software.

Cheerz~ :)

Noted

Ya was using a 50mm F1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.