Fog in Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably it may be affecting your images and therefore, it is time to get a new filter.

well, i don't take the risk of using lens tissue without solution.

i knew of some guys who scratched their filters just because of not using solution. their overall images had either a blurred line there or the scratches were just too visible for their liking.

then again, those are $10 tokina filters.

i wouldn't know about the costlier filters because i don't use them myself. lol

well, i don't take the risk of using lens tissue without solution.

i knew of some guys who scratched their filters just because of not using solution. their overall images had either a blurred line there or the scratches were just too visible for their liking.

then again, those are $10 tokina filters.

i wouldn't know about the costlier filters because i don't use them myself. lol

Tried wiping the B+W MRC filters with dry tissue, no scratches at all! But the B+W UV filter got horrendously scratched. Doesn't mean that costlier filters will be more resistant...

Tried wiping the B+W MRC filters with dry tissue, no scratches at all! But the B+W UV filter got horrendously scratched. Doesn't mean that costlier filters will be more resistant...

The first step of cleaning lens is always to blow it with the blower to remove any foreign particles that might scratch it.. after which then u use the lens tissue to wipe the finger prints.. and things that cannot be removed with the blower. So far all my B+W UV filters and Lens have zero scratches.

Yup, I did blow.. But I used soft clothe instead of lens tissue... :confused: Do you use any solution with your lens tissue?

Least use a micro-fibre cloth?

Yup, I did blow.. But I used soft clothe instead of lens tissue... :confused: Do you use any solution with your lens tissue?

nope.. just fog with breath... and wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.