focus problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsisaxon said:
Let me rephrase that.. If diopter is wrong, the viewfinder image can never be sharp. But he was able to focus and obtain a sharp image in the viewfinder, which means that the diopter should be correct. However, getting the image sharp in the viewfinder did not yield a sharp image in the sensor, which also means that the distance from the lens mounting flange to the focusing screen is not the same as the distance from the lens mounting flange to the sensor. If it were really the diopter, everything else in the viewfinder would not be sharp also.

i thought he said that view finder image not sharp but when he reviewed the image afterwards it was sharp which suggests the diopter is wrong

wildstallion said:
i thought he said that view finder image not sharp but when he reviewed the image afterwards it was sharp which suggests the diopter is wrong
No but he MF until sharp in viewfinder, then the image not sharp. This suggests the AF alignment is correct but the focusing screen alignment is out.

olsomica said:
i used my 50mm on my friend's dslr.

when i half-press the shutter release to focus, the view from the viewfinder is blur although the camera tells me focus is locked and good. then, when i press to shoot, the image came out to be good and in focus. :dunno:

i tried again, this time when the camera tells me focus is locked (although the view is still blur), i moved my body back abit til the subject in the viewfinder is sharp. i press the shutter to take the pic. this time the image recorded is blur, although the viewfinder is sharp. :dunno:

i tried manual focus. same thing, sharp in viewfinder, but when i shoot, the resultant image is blur.

whats going on? back/front focus?
when i use this lens on my own dslr, its good.
my lens bad? or his cam bad?

thanks guys

catchlights said:
should be somewhere in between.

Common sense will tell your that nothing wrong with the lens, and the camera focusing system, just only the dioptre adjustments, or your friend modified it for his/her eye only.

ofcoz its somewhere in between lah. i just meant i adjusted thru the whole range and took many shots all like that.

i use 10d, so does my friend. 10d diopter can be changed?

common sense..... ba

wildstallion said:

but how can i get a sharp view during MF if the diopter is out?

Status
Not open for further replies.