Flowery Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

akszaksz

4143587770_7f7f30c163_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
In all areas.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To make the flowers stand out from it's background. (Also trying to make this look like photo on any postcards)

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Was strolling in the park & this pair of flowers caught my attention as it is a very sunny day & they are white in colors. The water droplets are added onto it by my wife.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I feel that this is quite a good shot of my many. But i think there are some ways it can be improve. For e.g exposure, composition etc

Composition wise it may be a bit boring - the two subjects are over-filling the frame. A nice try on thin DOF but it may be abit overdone. Perhaps shifting the point of focus to the center of the flowers could help. A good effort to add the water droplets. Flower shots of such nature tend to be quite common. Perhaps you can try to seek to approach it from some other less-common angles and make use of more empty space.

i take the opposite side and say that the composition is fine

but i do agree with above fellow that the dof is kind of thin and seems focussed on the water droplet ..... personal preference would be on the central yellow area

like the bokeh and the pleasing contrast

watch the whites.... they're slightly overblown ..... so be more accurate with metering (i suggest spot meter off the white area and do a couple more +/- 1ev

good luck !

I love the water droplets.
It make the pic interesting and makes the flowers come alive.
I can hear the flowers screaming at me: The sun is so hot i'm sweating!

2rmr5sg.jpg

sometimes, less is more. ;)

photoshop. using levels, masking and crop.

Hmmm, I like the OP's picture better - no offense intended to Clown.

DOF as mentioned could be better, and a slightly lower exposure might bring out some texture on the petals.

The flower lack sharpness. The background looks like one solid color, perhaps choosing a different background will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.