Flowers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakaway

Jul 30, 2004
Singapore
Anyone have any tips on photographing flowers in sunlight? Please share them with me! Please give me tips on ISO, shutter speeds, apertures, flash compensation etc... Thanks a million!

minimum ISO, sturdy tripod, P mode.

Er, depends on the effect you are going for.

If there is wind, and you want to freeze motion, then shoot with a higher shutter speed.

If you want to convey the wind and show the flowers swaying (as a motion blur), then use a tripod and use a slow shutter speed (say 1s or so). You will need a ND filter to cut down light and a small aperture to get away with the slow shutter speed.

If you want to take a low angle shot of the flowers against the sky, or do a "portrait" of an individual flower, then select a big aperture.

Just do what you like. The LAST THING I would do is leave my camera in P mode!

Are u shooting normally, closeup or macro?

It's better to wait for the breeze to die down for absolute focus. If u shoot in macro, all the more reason to do so.

Big apertures will give u a shallow DOF, so make sure the object is entirely in focus. Else increase ur aperture stops as required.

lastly, u want to ensure a clean background.

Thanks a lot. I'll try out the different methods =) I'll be shooting closeup. I think there will be limited wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.