Floating Droplet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
HIee...

here is a shot taken awhile ago........can't sleep yet so juz tried some experiments in the kitchen.....

float.jpg

Photo taken at Shutter Priority Mode(Tv) - 1/1000th sec
Hand held + Flash On
Aperture - f8.0

Regards,
me

Yikes! :faint:

If you look closely, right below the droplet is a reflection in the water that looks like the top half of a skull. You can see the two eye sockets and the cavity where the nose should be.

pretty imaginative... but you're right! looks like the one-in-the-movie-which-I-can't-remember-the-name...

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Parchiao
Yikes! :faint:

If you look closely, right below the droplet is a reflection in the water that looks like the top half of a skull. You can see the two eye sockets and the cavity where the nose should be.

Hi All....

Here are some reasons that i took this shot.......

1- As I'm still in the "learning" phase of understanding the limitations and characteristics of the camera I'm using, iterating the use of fastest shutter and eye judgement and coordination to under stand how bad is the lag (and work around it)......ambush method.

2- Learning to judge the focus at MF(manual focus mode) via LCD screen.

3- Look at methods to diffuse the on camera flash for maximum light angle control to enhance detail (Water details are tricky at times) - with the attachment(which blocks some light) on for macro.

4- Wanting to try something different.......

Well...here is the setup....

- 1 mug of water
- 1 water source which allow control of drip volume and frequency.
- enough memory to repeat the test over and over again....
- Background objects like cups or bottle with colored body like red or green to give the color on the water drop. - In my case i have the dish washiing liquid botttle behind the mug....

Have FUn...trying..!!!!!

Regards,
me

Status
Not open for further replies.