Flashgun suggestions for Bessa R?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatboy

Jun 22, 2004
Australia
A friend recently purchased a new Bessa R with the Voigtlander 35mm f2.5 lens. Any suggestions for a compact flashgun to use with this camera??.

New or used flashgun suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Meatboy said:
A friend recently purchased a new Bessa R with the Voigtlander 35mm f2.5 lens. Any suggestions for a compact flashgun to use with this camera??.

New or used flashgun suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Any non-TTL flash will do. You can also use Nikon cheapest flash too (forgot the model no.).

Bought a new Metz 20 BC 6 for $65. But hard to come by.

any recommendation for a smallest compact flash with 24mm coverage ?

price on the high side leh..
guess i just have to stick with my SB-28

You should also check out Cash Converters. They have a large number of flashes that range from $10- 30 in good working condition. Most of these are suitable for rangefinders.

juz bought a used Nikon SB 23 for use on my Xpan for $60,works great~!

no auto mode though..

mpenza said:
SB28 is a super good flash. use the auto modes with the Bessa R or your xpan.

yup,SB-28 is a very good flash,i got one too.But i find it too big to bring out as i only need a small fill for 5% of my Xpan use..

i use a piece of tissue strap with a rubber band when i shoot at 3m @F5.6 ASA400 to get some ambient in too.if i use it straight on will be at F8..

my own formula is ard 1piece of tissue per stop.. :D it works~!

do cash converter carry bessa rangefinders too? I am looking and hunting for a bessa r2. Thank you for reading.

Goldwing said:
You should also check out Cash Converters. They have a large number of flashes that range from $10- 30 in good working condition. Most of these are suitable for rangefinders.

kex said:
yup,SB-28 is a very good flash,i got one too.But i find it too big to bring out as i only need a small fill for 5% of my Xpan use..

i use a piece of tissue strap with a rubber band when i shoot at 3m @F5.6 ASA400 to get some ambient in too.if i use it straight on will be at F8..

my own formula is ard 1piece of tissue per stop.. :D it works~!

Is that 1ply tissue or 2ply? ;)

I have an SB28 too though never thought of using it. I currently use my Metz 34CS-2 (or something like that ) for my bessa-R. The problem with the Metz is that no bounce functionality... only direct flash. But the Metz runs on lithium batteries... great stuff. :thumbsup:

run a test on the tissue trick lor..hehehe..
if too powerful,fold thicker and try again..

i actually like AA batteries,can use rechargeables which are ozone and pocket friendly !

Status
Not open for further replies.