Flash with Bounce Card techniques


Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2005
89
0
0
#1
How do you angle your flash when you used a bounce card (ie, Jusbounce white card)??


2 scenarios
Assuming you have a white normal height ceiling wall.

OR

Non-white or non-existent ceiling.


How do you use your flash with the bounce card? Kindly share some tips and your experience.
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#2
a white normal height ceiling wall
subjects from near to far, adjust from vertical to 60°

Non-white or non-existent ceiling
subjects not to far off, 60°, if subjects far far away..... direct flash.
 

Nov 16, 2005
89
0
0
#3
you mentioned 60 degree for normal white ceiling. Wouldnt that be bouncing off the light off the bounce card onto the floor???




catchlights said:
a white normal height ceiling wall
subjects from near to far, adjust from vertical to 60°

Non-white or non-existent ceiling
subjects not to far off, 60°, if subjects far far away..... direct flash.
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#4
burmesterhifi said:
you mentioned 60 degree for normal white ceiling. Wouldnt that be bouncing off the light off the bounce card onto the floor???
the purpose using bounce card is to bounce most of the light to the ceiling and kick some lights toward the subject, and it also will spread the light for a wider coverage.

flash light set at direct is 0°, using bounce card set at 60° is more general, 45° will have some light hitting the subject directly, and will cause the lower part of the picture underexposed.

You can bring out your flash light to find out where is the 60° setting and at the sametime run some test to find out more.
 

lurgee

New Member
Aug 17, 2003
1,349
0
0
West side
www.39eastimages.com
#5
i totally agree with catchlights. :)

i too had some questions about bounce card..after trying it out myself..i'm now convinced of what it can do. Heh. :)

Just do some test runs and understand better what he's trying to say.
 

Snoweagle

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
14,002
0
0
Pasir Ris, Singapore
#6
burmesterhifi said:
How do you angle your flash when you used a bounce card (ie, Jusbounce white card)??


2 scenarios
Assuming you have a white normal height ceiling wall.

OR

Non-white or non-existent ceiling.


How do you use your flash with the bounce card? Kindly share some tips and your experience.
For the first scenario, i'll just bounce off directly tilting at 60 degrees BUT do take note of the ceiling colour.

Second scenario, same angle with bounce card attached. BTW i'm also using the jusbounce bounce card.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom