Flash syncho speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

song

Feb 23, 2002
homex.coolconnect.com
Anyone knows about the max shutter speed that c4040z can use to get a satisfactory fill in from its built in flash?

I heard that from ordinary SLR, the flash syncho max speed is about 1/125 and for Proffesional SLR is about 1/300.

I find that the Aperture priority mode with fill in switched on, the system in c4040z would choose a shutter speed as high as 1/500 to 1/700. In such case, i think there is a great reduction in fill effect as mentioned in SLR books because typical flash period is only 1/500 long in duration. In addition, at such high shutter speed, the aperture would never open fully for a moment. It would be a slit which scans through from bottom to top .

it's different for digital cameras I guess. on the S602Z, the flash synchronisation can be as fast as 1/1000s.

Originally posted by mpenza
it's different for digital cameras I guess. on the S602Z, the flash synchronisation can be as fast as 1/1000s.

But i encountered some problem with flash in strong backlight. In such situatioon, the shutter is usually 1/600 to 1/800 even at aperture 11. The fill in effect from the flash is sort of useless even when i am just abt 3m from the target.

I used a polariser and the shutter speed simply refuses to come down. Still hovering around 1/600 to 1/800.

how abt adjusting for exposure, maybe by 1 stop (+1EV) or increasing the strength of the flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.