Flash photography with infant

Status
Not open for further replies.
u keep hearing that direct flash will hurt a baby's eyes.. most parents seem to be perfectly fine with using the flash on their P&S cameras to take photos of their babies. i think that it should do no harm unless you're trying to take a macro shot of the baby's eyelashes at f/16 with the flash 10cm from the eye!

if u can, borrow both the 50mm and the SB900. use the flash for all the 'standard' event-style shots like group photos to get everyone's faces well-lit and sharp. swop for the 50mm for the candle-blowing, close-up of your kid, candid portraits, etc.

Hi folks,

Just some updates on my observation on this matter.

A friend of mine loan me her SB900 a day before the birthday party. This flash is no joke for me (a bit sua ku because never handle an external flash before :embrass:). Having only a day to get use to it, I put everything to auto (iTTL & sometimes with balanced fill-flash) & the diffuser dome on. The result is marvelous! With the flash pointing 45 or 60 degree, the light produced is far from harsh. I even go around asking the older kids if they see any "stars" after the photo shoot. None of them saw any ;).

It's time to save, save, save......it's going to a be a long time to save for such an expensive flash :(! Once again, thanks all for the valuable input.

Cheers,
Ben

I think its about time some of us post some pics of birthday bash..
especially those that were shot without flash.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.