YGLi85

Dec 11, 2007
Hi

I planning to purchase a flash light for my newly bought DSLR camera
however i have no idea which is compatible to my Nikon D60
pls advise
thank you!

SB 600, 800, and 900 come to mind.

Newbie here too. Got D60 also and planning to buy speedlight, is sb400 agood buy?

if compare SB 600 and 800..
what is the differences?
and roughly wat is the pricing for both?

Newbie here too. Got D60 also and planning to buy speedlight, is sb400 agood buy?

depends on your need. if you just need a flash stronger than a pop up, but less features than a SB600/800/900, then go for it.

if you have more budget to splurge on, can get a 2nd hand SB800, can do off camera wireless CLS, etc... but not for newbies.

Get the SB-600.

It should suit u well...

if compare SB 600 and 800..
what is the differences?
and roughly wat is the pricing for both?

please find it here for the difference.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/sb600vs800.htm
for Nikon D60, SB-600 will be a good combo. personally, i like SB-800 over SB-600 only for its built-in bounce card.
would not like to recommend SB-400. you may end up with selling it out and change to SB-600 or SB-800 soon:)
:cheers:to your better flash photos

but the built-in bounce card is pretty small imo. if u don hv the budget or wont use so much, get a SB600 and make ur own. i tink more worth it...

I tink SB400 not worth it coz u cant swivel. u will be limited in terms of lighting creativity...

no to SB-400 unless you are not serious about lighting go for at least SB-600 and above.
Do note that when you buy equipment for DSLR, especially true for flash, it is sunken cost
as the item will wear out.

Status
Not open for further replies.