Flash For Dummies~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiz-kid

Jul 5, 2006
built-in flash, extenal flash, guide number, iso vs flash distance, metering with flash, bounce, diffuser... so many term and values in this branch of photograhpy. how to really use the flash efficiently and effectively?? :D i need some info :D anyone pls?:angel: :angel: :angel:

Take up a course for flash photography. You'll understand more. If you do not want to spend the money, do a search on the net or go to the library to borrow some books. There will be a small introduction to flash photography.

built-in flash, extenal flash, guide number, iso vs flash distance, metering with flash, bounce, diffuser... so many term and values in this branch of photograhpy. how to really use the flash efficiently and effectively?? :D i need some info :D anyone pls?:angel: :angel:
Buy a good flash and use it. If you have doubt, you have CS to ask the questions ;) .

Regards,
Arto.

built-in flash, extenal flash, guide number, iso vs flash distance, metering with flash, bounce, diffuser... so many term and values in this branch of photograhpy. how to really use the flash efficiently and effectively?? :D i need some info :D anyone pls?:angel: :angel: :angel:

Hi there,

You can check out some of the links in this thread. Hope that it can help.

I recently bought the Nikon CP8700 (secondhand from CS forummer) hoping to practice more photography which I love. I have the same questions Wiz-Kid have. I've asked elsewhere on the forum for advice and recommendation of what flash to buy for my camera but no response so I hope I'll be able to get some help here.

Unless you've got a good deal, else that camera... too 'expensive' for my linking. Might as well get a used D50.

Unless you've got a good deal, else that camera... too 'expensive' for my linking. Might as well get a used D50.

Maybe he got it at a good price? :dunno: Anyway, it's a nice prosumer which I have used before too. Anyway, the price of prosumers are quite close to an entry level dSLR, just a matter of what you want.

Andy. sorry are you replying to my post. Don't quite understand what you mean?

Meaning that it is still limited in capability / expandability. It is neither very portable, if you compare it to a D40.

I recently bought the Nikon CP8700 (secondhand from CS forummer) hoping to practice more photography which I love. I have the same questions Wiz-Kid have. I've asked elsewhere on the forum for advice and recommendation of what flash to buy for my camera but no response so I hope I'll be able to get some help here.

You can try these. Nikon Speedlight SB-800/50DX/30/22s. My friend is using the SB22s - something simple.

See nikon site http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem.php?pid=109-eff7e415c4

Click on the Brochures at http://www.nikon-asia.com/downloader.php?filehash=7d32963c9c . The flash support is SB600 or SB800.

so...........?

Can someone tell me where u can go for flash course,thanks in advance :thumbsup: ???

Status
Not open for further replies.