Flash for 500D

Status
Not open for further replies.

koplady11

Dec 2, 2009
East forever and ever
What would be an external flash suitable and sufficient for a newbie like me? I mainly need for candid wedding photos, outdoors and indoors. I'm also thinking of getting wide-angle lens as well for landscape and outdoor shots hence a flash that complements this lens would be good enuff for now. Dun need to be super pro kind coz i'm such a noob in flash photography. Lol!:bsmilie:

wow, actually you kinda shoot anything...:)
flash on UWA might not work coz the flash might not spread enough for UWA... As for focal length like 18-200mm kind, high GN, swivel head, zoom head and fast recycle time are the key things to look out for I feel...

What would be an external flash suitable and sufficient for a newbie like me? I mainly need for candid wedding photos, outdoors and indoors. I'm also thinking of getting wide-angle lens as well for landscape and outdoor shots hence a flash that complements this lens would be good enuff for now. Dun need to be super pro kind coz i'm such a noob in flash photography. Lol!:bsmilie:

What's your budget for flash?I have seen some newbies carrying 580EXII and others carrying 270EX so please define your budget.UWA lens can consider the EF-S 10-22?:)

580EXII. Not sure if the promotion price of $599 is still available.
I've tried both the 430EX and 580EXII.
I got the 580EXII.
It's worth it. Fast recharge time and high output.

If you don't want to spend too much, you could always consider the 3rd party alternatives. The chinese brand yong yu or something seems popular and the price is attractive.

:)

I got the 580EXII.

If you don't want to spend too much, you could always consider the 3rd party alternatives. The chinese brand yong yu or something seems popular and the price is attractive.

Yongnuo...

I got the 580EXII.

cleonbus is right...it's Yong Nuo, but pls find out what it does and does not do before you buy..

Im also a newbie and Im using Nissin DI622..cheaper compared to canon. So far I'm quite satisfied with it..

Nissin Di622 seems like a good choice. I think it's about $200?
I guess it all depends on TS' budget.

Brilliant has some nice choices as well

For now, budget is within 500. I do know that some third party flashes can be quite good as well. That's why I would need 2nd opinions. Oh I forgot to add one more factor. I'm actually err, not a very strong lady (though trying to work at the strength) so if the flash is too heavy, I might not be able to take the weight well. Of coz, good vs mediocre, if within my budget, I might as well get the better one even if I have to do countless weights exercise. Lol!

On another note, anyone knows a place to service Canon cameras? Did sthg stupid to it (from previous thread) and gonna rectify it asap. :p

On another note, anyone knows a place to service Canon cameras? Did sthg stupid to it (from previous thread) and gonna rectify it asap. :p

Customer Service Centre
1 HarbourFront Ave
#04-01 Keppel Bay Tower
Singapore 098632
Tel: 6 799 8686

Operating hours:
Open Mondays to Fridays from 9.30am to 7pm
(closed on public holidays)
See here for directions.

Cheers!

For now, budget is within 500. I do know that some third party flashes can be quite good as well. That's why I would need 2nd opinions. Oh I forgot to add one more factor. I'm actually err, not a very strong lady (though trying to work at the strength) so if the flash is too heavy, I might not be able to take the weight well. Of coz, good vs mediocre, if within my budget, I might as well get the better one even if I have to do countless weights exercise. Lol!

$500 can get a 430EXII or maybe Nissin 622:)

$500 can get a 430EXII or maybe Nissin 622:)

I think the guy at SLR Rev was recommending me 430EXII. Hmmm, shall check it out then. Thanks!

Wah I thought I could escape this GSS. Turns out I've bought myself a (pretty expensive for my budget) bag and now camera stuff since IT show coming! Talk about satisfying my desires and hobby! Sianz. :bsmilie:

Support Nissin 622 or the Nissin 866(your budget allows) if you are don't mind 3rd party:)
Tried 622 before, it's fast and accurate..866 more power...

Status
Not open for further replies.