Flash count

lotus80

Apr 9, 2012
Pasir Ris
Dslr usage is counted on shutter count and that helps in fixing price in BnS section.

Wonder what's the criteria for used Nikon speedlights. Is it based on flash count or ?

Dslr usage is counted on shutter count and that helps in fixing price in BnS section.

Wonder what's the criteria for used Nikon speedlights. Is it based on flash count or ?

Though such information may be classified as "good to know", I don't think the manufacturers have a way for this number to be determined. There is no "flash count" value as far as I know. If so concerned, probably best to buy a new set.

if "red-eye mode is activated, is that 1 flash or 4? ? ;)

Flash have cycle life also? Or the bulb life?

I've always thought that many are too concerned with shutter counts, but of course it is the one objective measure in the 'age' of an DSLR (apart from actual age, that is)

For flash units, it would be even worse. Would 500 full-power flashes be better or worse than 2000 1/4-power flashes? How many flash activations during the AF-assist? Thank goodness none have a flash counter yet.

well, if u r looking for nikon speedlights there are still ways to tell if it has been through heavy usage.

of course the exterior condition is one way and if I recall correctly, someone told me to look out for yellowing on the flash head?

and of course, sb800s are more likely to have been well used as compared to a sb700 since it's an older discontinued model.