Flag Day Shoo Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sjourn said:
anyway, i am already personally turned off by this type of drive......too much already. Gov should step in....econoimacally not doing well, and than this so much crap with NKF, now weekly flag days...they think we made of gold huh? :sticktong
har, having one in Nov :cry:

Sjourn said:
huh? who organising?:dunno: :bigeyes:
to raise fund for our home

eikin said:
you all getting school kids?
i think exploiting the kindergarden kids is best... cos they dunno their rights, there isn't any legal implications when they do something wrong... and most will just forgive them... best of all... they are more enthusiatic when you just give them a lollipop... ;p

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i think exploiting the kindergarden kids is best... cos they dunno their rights, there isn't any legal implications when they do something wrong... and most will just forgive them... best of all... they are more enthusiatic when you just give them a lollipop... ;p

DCA ---> :kok: <--- eikin

this kind of thing you also dare to say ah :nono:

eikin said:
you all getting school kids?
try not to but usually they are the only volunteers we can get. the army, police, bla, bla, bla required heavy weights to move them. big corporates, ntuc union members look also don't look at your request because no milage for them. hence we must understand why nkf had to use different approach to raise fund. (I'm ot talking about the peanuts issue)

Remember was it mr khaw commented that we are amateurish

jopel said:
try not to but usually they are the only volunteers we can get. the army, police, bla, bla, bla required heavy weights to move them. big corporates, ntuc union members look also don't look at your request because no milage for them. hence we must understand why nkf had to use different approach to raise fund. (I'm ot talking about the peanuts issue)

Remember was it mr khaw commented that we are amateurish

then must tell the school to educate the kids why they are doing this, alot of kids don't know who they are helping and why.

strange you want to bring up nkf, someone critical enough will know the problem doesn't lie in the way funds are raised, but their lack of transparency and accountability. anyway they've grown too fat in the reserves and shouldn't be fighting with small organisations like yours for more funds don't you think so? ;)

eikin said:
then must tell the school to educate the kids why they are doing this, alot of kids don't know who they are helping and why.

strange you want to bring up nkf, someone critical enough will know the problem doesn't lie in the way funds are raised, but their lack of transparency and accountability. anyway they've grown too fat in the reserves and shouldn't be fighting with small organisations like yours for more funds don't you think so? ;)

we do have session with them to inform them about us and bla bla bla. Most of them just want to fulfill their CBP that's all.

ya, believe me religious institues are the harder lot for them to render help. It is such irony.

jopel said:
we do have session with them to inform them about us and bla bla bla. Most of them just want to fulfill their CBP that's all.

ya, believe me religious institues are the harder lot for them to render help. It is such irony.

what's CBP?

eikin said:
what's CBP?
community based project

flag day is always their last option - some students are busy throuhgout the year hence last minute go for flag day, there are more meaningful projects they can take on actually.

jopel said:
community based project

flag day is always their last option - some students are busy throuhgout the year hence last minute go for flag day, there are more meaningful projects they can take on actually.

oh, so getting students to sell flag is only to fulfil their CBP requirement (set by MOE?)

how sad.

eikin said:
oh, so getting students to sell flag is only to fulfil their CBP requirement (set by MOE?)

how sad.

cbp is meant to expose the student to the community works, and create awareness about the less fortunate.

students can fulfill their cbp by going to help out in orphanage, old age home, special schools, etc. as mentioned many students are busy hence end out just signed up for the flag day.

cbp is a good way to educate our school children. many of these students continue to help the less fortunate.

everytime I pick up my son from the special school I am encourage by the students who spend time helping out. (funny mostly girl students)

jopel said:
cbp is meant to expose the student to the community works, and create awareness about the less fortunate.

students can fulfill their cbp by going to help out in orphanage, old age home, special schools, etc. as mentioned many students are busy hence end out just signed up for the flag day.

cbp is a good way to educate our school children. many of these students continue to help the less fortunate.

everytime I pick up my son from the special school I am encourage by the students who spend time helping out. (funny mostly girl students)

no doubt about the positive intention behind CBP, but don't understand the 'fulfil requirement' part ... just like how everything must be quantified

eikin said:
no doubt about the positive intention behind CBP, but don't understand the 'fulfil requirement' part ... just like how everything must be quantified
not easy to set policy that has no contest, NS requirement is also ridiculous the world comes together to talk peace but go home to set aside budget for war (which they call defense)

Spectrum said:
Wah l*n eh! Doing street donation charity as 'ECA'? MOE really know how to use people efficiently man!

Do you have any evidence this is mandated by MOE? From what I hear from teachers, the problem is more the kiasu school principals/board of directors who try to push their schools to the top of ranking lists, even if it's something as silly as who collects the most donations.

volunteer? ha ... i don't know for others, but when i was in secondary school, we had to clock the min hours for community service ... and i don't call those volunteers ...

LittleWolf said:
Do you have any evidence this is mandated by MOE? From what I hear from teachers, the problem is more the kiasu school principals/board of directors who try to push their schools to the top of ranking lists, even if it's something as silly as who collects the most donations.

To improvise the school surroundings & facilities? :dunno:

security guards here are useless.. all half dead ahpeks with attitude problems.
where's the security man?

West_ray said:
volunteer? ha ... i don't know for others, but when i was in secondary school, we had to clock the min hours for community service ... and i don't call those volunteers ...
Yes, it's still volunteer...

U're forced to volunteer.

Status
Not open for further replies.