FL-50 and fl-36 user guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammer_400

Nov 13, 2003
Sg
for those who are using the fl-50/36 alot, here is a guide by lawrence keeney on the settings as given by 'English Bob'(EB) from dpreview forums that gives optimal results and maximises the automation of the flash...

it gives excellent results and many pple have been using it with great results!

34436891-M.jpg

a few points to note...
1) set CLP on lets the camera know that the flash is ON the camera...
2) when using as outdoor fill (fp=ttl) setting the camera to 'P' program mode allows the flash automation to allow more range than in 'A' mode....
3) remember to set metering to ESP!!!
4) setting at auto ISO allows the camera more and finer control on the exposure as it can adjust from iso100-400 in steps of 20....

full instructions here....

http://fourthirdsphoto.com/articles/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=34

This works on the FL-36 as well? I don't remeber seeing things like ILL and CLP on the FL-36.

Evilmerlin said:
This works on the FL-36 as well? I don't remeber seeing things like ILL and CLP on the FL-36.

Oh yes, it's on the FL-36. You have to get into setup mode on the flash to change those settings (they're set on as default). (With the flash on) Hold down the mode button on the flash for a few seconds until you get into setup mode (flash's display changes)...tap the mode button until you see the setting you want to change...then turn the wheel on the flash to change it. To get out of setup mode, again hold the mode button down for a few seconds.

Does any of you use the auto TTL mode on the FL36? I just got a FL36 and is experimenting with bounce flash.

Does the auto mode works with bounce flash? Technically it shouldn't right? I should need to set to TTL auto right?

auto works fine for bounce too...

Status
Not open for further replies.