Fisherman!! Fall in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttl

Jul 20, 2004
Planet PJ
www.flickr.com
Hi guys!

Just tried my hands on fishing today and simply loved it!! Haha.... Looks like I've another new found hobby! Keke...

Gotta asked the seasoned guys here a few qn:

1. Where's a nice place to buy fishing eqpt?
2. Where do you guys usually fish?

Feel free to contribute your fishing knowledge here!!

Jon
;)

Hi guys!

Just tried my hands on fishing today and simply loved it!! Haha.... Looks like I've another new found hobby! Keke...

Jon
;)

I used to fish everywhere over singapore. where's the cheapest now is the big question since it had been 7 years since i have drop it( Try changi village there or beach road). let me know if yr going fishing, i might join in the fun..just hope i dont bring the wrong gears.haha

as mentioned.. Beach road.
saw quite a few people fishing at Labrador park the last time i was there.

I used to fish everywhere over singapore. where's the cheapest now is the big question since it had been 7 years since i have drop it( Try changi village there or beach road). let me know if yr going fishing, i might join in the fun..just hope i dont bring the wrong gears.haha

i'm in if dun crash with my appt..

bedok jetty is one place to start...

if not, can try punggol marina there...

Hi guys!

Jon
;)

Hi Jon,

You can look up more info from www.fishingkaki.com or www.fishingnewsroom.com. Both are local fishing forum sites.

Q1. Most ppl go to changi V or beach road to get their fishing gear. But if you are in the north, you can try yishun (Sincere tackle).

Q2. Again, if you are looking for fishes to bring back home, go to those fishing ponds. E.g. pasir ris pond, marina south pond, taman jurong, etc. However, this could be very expensive in the long run. If you intend to practise and just want to enjoy the thrill of fishing, there are many free and popular spots around Singapore. E.g. Bedok Jetty, Labrador Park Jetty, Sembawang Park, Punggol Jetty, etc.

Word of advice: If you intend to try out only for awhile, do not go and buy exp gears. You can loan from friends, or get those cheapo rod and reel. (~$30-50). This is another exp. hobby, apart from photography!

Do visit the forums, they do organise newbie outings. DO tag along. You'll learn alot by there!

Enjoy!

Tight Lines,
Zapline.

I would agree wholeheartedly....

I spent a k or 2 on fishing equipment before I took up photography. There are also a lot of types of fishing available, for e.g.

• bait fishing (most common, bait, cast and wait for fish to bite)
  • lure fishing (use lures, hands won't get as dirty as bait, but have to work the lures to make it look like a real bait)
  • fly fishing (yes, like the show "A river runs thru it", you wave a long rod to get a tiny fly into the water and imitate insects and small fishes)
  • surf fishing (long rods again, but this time, you cast long distance away from the beach to get your bait close to your predators)
  • boat fishing (as the name implies, sitting in a boat and waiting for the fishes to bite, can be using lures or baits)

There are others too, feel free to ask... ;)

Wow!

Thanks for the info guys!! Haha... Yeah... Prob will start off will cheaper fishing ept.. Haha...get a hang of it first... Also heard that Bedok Jetty is a nice place to fish...

I'm not gonna eat the fish i catch! Just wan the kick of fishing them! Haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.