First visit to Hort Park and...

NovJoe

Feb 15, 2009
~Sunny Little Island~
Only 1 cute 6 legged JS to pose for me...

Still trying and learning the dual flash on 7D so all C&Cs are welcome. Thanks for viewing, Arigato!

My Setup:
Canon 7D
EF 100mm/f2.8 macro
Raynox 250 DCR
Pop Up flash + Diffuser
Speedlite 580EXII + Diffuser
Shutter: 1/80
Aperture: f/22
Handheld

#1 Oops, spotted!
JS1.jpg

#2 Whatever. Just don't disturb me, k?
JS2.jpg

#3 Should I hide here?
JS3.jpg

#4 Or should I jump there?
JS4.jpg

#5 You very disturbing leh. I shoot you with my cyclops power then you know hor...
JS5.jpg

That's all folks!

Well done with ur 7D!:thumbsup:

Look like CS macro section standard getting higher nowadays!:sweat:

Nice captures bro but hor some shots seem unexposed :think: Great efforts~!

Good shoot! :) #2 could have fired the other flash from the front left of the js ;)

Well done with ur 7D!:thumbsup:

Look like CS macro section standard getting higher nowadays!:sweat:

Thanks bro! Still learning as I'm too used to single flash :bsmilie:.

Nice captures bro but hor some shots seem unexposed :think: Great efforts~!

Thanks Bryan! Yep, I realised that as well. 7D's pop up flash is not as powerful as 450D :sweat:.

Good shoot! :) #2 could have fired the other flash from the front left of the js ;)

Thanks bro! My other flash is the pop-up flash :sweatsm:. I'm looking to buy another 580EXII in another 6 months time.

Nice series but most of the picture under expose. ;)

Thanks glenn. Yep, you are right on the underexposure. I hope to get it right the next round. :)

Thanks bro! My other flash is the pop-up flash :sweatsm:. I'm looking to buy another 580EXII in another 6 months time.
Use the 580 as slave there & use pop up to trigger it

Use the 580 as slave there & use pop up to trigger it

That's how I triggered my 580 flash together with the pop-up flash ;). With regards to #2, the 580 flash is on my left side (JS's right side) as the other side is blocked by leaves and branches, thus can't get good lighting if trigger from there. Maybe, I'm still too noob on dual flashes :embrass:.

That's how I triggered my 580 flash together with the pop-up flash ;). With regards to #2, the 580 flash is on my left side (JS's right side) as the other side is blocked by leaves and branches, thus can't get good lighting if trigger from there. Maybe, I'm still too noob on dual flashes :embrass:.
Can try putting it around there & use as fill flash. At least light up the face a little ;)

Nice series

Use a 3rd light, a torchlight:bsmilie:

Use Cree Q5! heh.. should make a difference with 1/80s shutter. :)

Try to reduce the power of your slave, so it doesn't outpower your onboard flash by too much

Thanks Uncle James! Will try out with my Cree next round :).

Go buy a headbend one, 2 flash where got hand to hold torch. Got mine from NTUC about $22.

Use Cree Q5! heh.. should make a difference with 1/80s shutter. :)

Try to reduce the power of your slave, so it doesn't outpower your onboard flash by too much

I'm not sure of my Cree torchlight model but I know it is very powerful. For my slave flash, it is at 24mm -4 steppings. I'll try to balance them the next round.

Go buy a headbend one, 2 flash where got hand to hold torch. Got mine from NTUC about $22.

I have the Energizer headband torchlight. Bought from those shophouses which should be the same as the NTUC one :D. Really no more hands to hold torches liao :bsmilie:.

I'm not sure of my Cree torchlight model but I know it is very powerful. For my slave flash, it is at 24mm -4 steppings. I'll try to balance them the next round.

I have the Energizer headband torchlight. Bought from those shophouses which should be the same as the NTUC one :D. Really no more hands to hold torches liao :bsmilie:.

Tie it around the lens cause it can flip up, can be below or anyway position around the lens. Hope it help.