First posting for 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccplim

Jan 6, 2004
BN
www.avianwatchasia.org
Sharing some shots taken last week. We are pretty lucky that the weather has been good lately :) Too bad I can't get a better perch for the first 2 shots.

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Pic #1 (Brown Shrike)
15012005-009.jpg

Pic #2 (Brown Shrike)
15012005-010.jpg

Pic #3 (Bee eater)
15012005-011.jpg

Good catch bro. Is this with the same lens? Looks sharper though.

Good shots from an ultra newbie :thumbsup: I like pic #1. You seemed to be quite close to the BS.

joeyao said:
Good shots from an ultra newbie :thumbsup: I like pic #1. You seemed to be quite close to the BS.

Thanks for the encouragement Joe! Still got alot more to learn from you.

I was about 8 meters away from the shrike :) Too bad that the one in the second pic did not face the correct angle to get the catch light.

ccplim said:
Thanks for the encouragement Joe! Still got alot more to learn from you.

I was about 8 meters away from the shrike :) Too bad that the one in the second pic did not face the correct angle to get the catch light.
Learn from me? Nah...it should be the other way round :)

Nice clean background bro, taken with a F801s? :p

Good catch bro. Have always love small and cute birdies. :heart: Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

ccplim said:
Yes bro! The same old lens at its trusted F/11 :)

HI CCPLIM ;

one question..did you use the 2xtc with your sigma 50-500mm lens or did you stacked ?

very impressive lens ... :think:

John said:
HI CCPLIM ;

one question..did you use the 2xtc with your sigma 50-500mm lens or did you stacked ?

very impressive lens ... :think:

Hi John,

Those were taken without any TC. I don't actually like the results when this lens was used with TC (too soft) :)

ccplim said:
Hi John,

Those were taken without any TC. I don't actually like the results when this lens was used with TC (too soft) :)

TC's always degrade image quality...even with good F2.8 lens...will also need to do sharpening.

ccplim said:
Oh my god! Used it on a DSLR and it become a 1950mm zoom. It will be great if this lens came with AF :p

too bad its a MF and the its an F8-F16 which is another problems. The bokeh wont be good and its not suitable for panning shots. :D

John said:
TC's always degrade image quality...even with good F2.8 lens...will also need to do sharpening.

The results are still not that obvious on f/2.8 lens.

You might be interested to look at this. This was taken some time back when I first got my kenko pro 2xTC.

CP-Karanji-21Aug04-09.jpg

John said:
too bad its a MF and the its an F8-F16 which is another problems. The bokeh wont be good and its not suitable for panning shots. :D

Truly agreed with you in that. :)

ccplim said:
The results are still not that obvious on f/2.8 lens.

You might be interested to look at this. This was taken some time back when I first got my kenko pro 2xTC.

CP-Karanji-21Aug04-09.jpg

Looks soft....but not so bad.still accaptable. :D

John said:
Looks soft....but not so bad.still accaptable. :D

That's why I don't really like. Furthermore, you need very bright lighting cos the aperture will be something like f/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.