first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

markedymark

Sep 26, 2007
2801513320082043057S600x600Q85.jpg

hey guys, i'm uber new to the forum so be nice yah? ;) anyway, above is a photo taken 4 years ago in windemere, lake district, UK. edit's done were adding of border, slight warming of the picture to somewhat of a 81B filter and a tinge of texture. looked to add a sense of lonliness in the picture and the colours.

critique in terms of framing, colour, and post editing would be welcome!

thanks for viewing!

This is looking very "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" :bsmilie: Perhaps I do see some drama from it like a view through telescope on board an approaching ship.

SOmehow, the mountains and lake doesn't really reach out to me, maybe the border is a little too much, doesn't give that 'open' feeling. The sky looks nice to me though

Overcooked PS touchup. Also what is the theme? Didn't see one.

Technically, if one's overdone the PS touchup, imho nothing much that we can comment on the framing, exposure. etc.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to ClubSnap.

Overall the mood is there, and the framing shows tranquility.

personally feel the vignetting a little too much and don't like the texture.

i feel a sense of motion, of sliding off towards the left side. the horizon is very distracting, yet at the same time without it, there is no clear focal point in my opinion. like all has mentioned, the vignetting has covered up too much details in this picture. it became a dark fog that seems to cloud my vision on this photograph.

try not to centralise the horizon in the dead centre especially when there are no other subjects as well. the photograph will look too mundane.

Nice try but more to improve!~ :) welcome to CS!

It looks like it's an attempt to salvage a boring pic by photoshopping in the vignetting effect. This makes the vignetting the real focus of the image rather than the coastline. It's a shame really, because the color tone, ligting, etc. of the sea, sky and mountains looks quite nice. Maybe reduce the vignetting by 60%, confining it to the edges. Let the "real" picture come out, it's much better than what you posted.

Well. personally i like the colour n the sky :)

as most have stated, vignetting was so extreme that it looks more like the main thing of the photo, were u trying to coverup something on the sides?

well, if u really still wanna use such extreme vignetting, it can still be POSSIBLE if u smack a tiny little subject on the water. like a distant boat or someone drowing? ok not so extreme, but dis way at least it would make more sense for having this kind of vignetting, would make me think im looking through a telescope, looking out of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.