First Post: Wacom ICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestone

Mar 2, 2003
West
www.redmonsoon.com
Hi people,This is my first image post!
I'm a digital artist by profession, not a photographer.
I'm more active in the 'Digital Darkroom' forum but I tink this image suits here fine.

Pls feel free to offer any comments or questions.cheers!Thks

wacom_ice.jpg

That's a digital painting right?
I feel you can get more relevant critiques at communities like GFXartist or deviantART though... There's lots of outstanding digital artists there.

I'm new here too so correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Anywayz, nice piece of work there. I think some water droplets on the tablet pen would blend it more into the environment you're trying to show... What equipment was used? Care to detail out your process?
I'm a digital media student by the way. :)

hmmm... it doesn't seem to look like a photo to me...
Somehow it has that feel (lighting?) to it like it has been rendered in 3D and then touched up with the brushes in Photoshop.

And I don't remember coming across a Wacom pen and pen stand that looks like this. :dunno:

wacom_ice_sml.jpg

Does this look less 3D?
Thks for the comments.

Would really like to hear from other photographers here.Does it look 3D to you? Whats wrong with the photo or how can I improve it.Thks.
I'm here to learn...:)

Amekaze said:
hmmm... it doesn't seem to look like a photo to me...
QUOTE]

Hmm,lighting hur..Can u tell me what is wrong with the lighting?
I would really like to learn from the other photographers here as well..they deal with everything real..haha

OK lah,moderators,hope you won't mind.
Lets call it digital photograph wannabe...can?:)
This is my attempt at 3D.For Amekaze,its Max+Vray.Waterdrops with PS.

I freelance DI so now also learning to expand my skill to include 3D.
Photographers have keen eyes and was hoping can tell me how to make it real.

I admit the fact that it's not a real design+ice holder distracts from realism but then,must make it fun for me mah.anyway...

Pls fire away.thks

weeee~ so I'm right... it's a 3D render... love that skill man...
I only know the very basics of 3D... can't even reach that kind of standard man.

It could be the lighting... or it could be the texture mapping you using.
I can't seem to tell what's wrong with the lighting... it's just that kind of look where you know it's not a photograph. Think you'll get what I mean.

firestone said:
wacom_ice_sml.jpg

Does this look less 3D?
Thks for the comments.

Would really like to hear from other photographers here.Does it look 3D to you? Whats wrong with the photo or how can I improve it.Thks.
I'm here to learn...:)

erm.. let me shed a bit of light? first of all.. the DOF is quite wrong.. the pen lying down is a bit out of focus giving a shallow DOF feeling.. but the reflections of the table are sharp. Reflections are normally far away objects. So how can the objects be sharp, blur, sharp? (unique out-of-the-world lens?) :think:

next, i think the pen lying down just isn't right.. the grip has something wrong about it.. but I dunno what.. hahah :bsmilie:

That's about all I can tell... :blah:

Right...DOF...
blurry reflections..ok thks.. :bsmilie:
Pen could it be the perspective?

MORE,MORE..

right... the pen grip... doesn't look the the rubber grip you see on the tablet pens...
The ice looks a bit like plastic to me :sweat: There's something bothering me about the highlights on the pen too. I have the impression that this is a metallic pen but the texture there doesn't seem to be like chrome or metallic. It's neither here nor there. Highlights on reflective metallic objects usually appear to be sharper and more defined I suppose...

Amekaze said:
right... the pen grip... doesn't look the the rubber grip you see on the tablet pens...
The ice looks a bit like plastic to me :sweat: There's something bothering me about the highlights on the pen too. I have the impression that this is a metallic pen but the texture there doesn't seem to be like chrome or metallic. It's neither here nor there. Highlights on reflective metallic objects usually appear to be sharper and more defined I suppose...

Thats because its leather,haha.
wacom_ice.jpg

I actually wanted it to look plastic,or glass.Like a product is suppose to be.Not suppose to be ice lah.wacom_ice just a cool sounding name.
I've actually brought down the highlits so its not too chrome,rather a bit of matte. So the above 2 are fine with me,but thks.

Perhaps will put into a real photo scene and see..

Will improve.thks thks.
This is my first 3D in abt 5 yrs!!haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.