first photo post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotti

Jun 21, 2004
strawberry field
fz_flat.jpg

was trying to capture the sun's erm glare(?)...wasn't quite successful...any tips on how to capture the glare? sorry if i dont make myself clear enough..am not very good with words... :sweat:

oh and one thing..how do you guys remember the setting you guys had while taking a particular photo???

right click on the file and check the properties
all the information is there

LiOnElLiN said:
right click on the file and check the properties
all the information is there

uh you mean before uploading the pic? :sweat:

first pic already not bad! :thumbsup: as in the lighting, composition, everything..can see its kinda of thsoe "abstract" pics...alot of potential, can improve on it further still :) if u deliberately want to capture flare, just try go in the middle of the day under the scorching sun and dont use lens hood. maybe some special effects filter may help but those cost abit of $ hehe

how to remember the settings? just remember lor! :cool:

There are some 'flare spots' at the bottom-middle of the picture, on the left of the building. Was that what you were trying to convey? Like a few pointed bright spots glistening in an otherwise mundane scene?

Areal bright spots (ie hot spots which are bigger than dots or points) typically blow out the immediate surrounding area.

If you're using a digicam, dial in some underexposure until you get the effect you want. In your picture above, my guess would be about -2.5ev or so before you get nicely shaped highlight points. The building and sky would be a lot darker, of course.

If on film, take a reading off the sky and drop about 2 stops.

thank you for the compliment clive... :"D

and thank you for the pointers ST1100!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.