First D70 Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisheye

May 26, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
www.massrapid.org
Took my brand new D70 out for a test shoot. I'm a virgin digital SLR user, and it's taking a while for me to get used to digital. The feel is very different from the manual cameras! Anyway, took some shots while I was walking around Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay.

will appreciate all comments. ;)

beer.jpg

fishingrope.jpg

robertsonquay.jpg

yellowwalls.jpg

Hello Fisheye,

I am a virgin digital SLR user as well. Me own Nikon D70 too. Nice pictures there but I think the last picture could have been better if there was flash introduced? Or perhaps you want to create a mystery on the persons? Me also very new to photography, learning from the pros here. :)

thanks guys,

still have alot to learn. hopefully you guys see improved shots.

I did some post processing on the first and second one, but i think i made the colors worst? too much red i think. :confused:

for the last pic, I was trying to capture more of the shadows bouncing off the walls, but didn't really manage to get the effect I want.

actually i think aside from nice colours , which can be easily achieved from nice subjects, your shots are like my newbie shots... all snap shots. Well i wouldn't say i'm v pro or anything but just newbie to newbie, i think before shooting you need to think about the shots first. Nothing v special about them
But i just hope to point out what i think hope u don't take it too harshly.

We all start like this. Just shoot more and be inspired by other photos, nature, works of art, your own life and the lives of others. There is no destination on this road. It is a journey, a quest for personal satisfaction.

eeeh... i sound like a pretentious old fart. Yucks! ;p

#2 is good in contrast. Draw the attention of viewers to the subject...which happens to be.. a roll of string. Good eye catcher, almost good rule of third usage, nice bokeh but subject can be improved. :thumbsup:

The idea is there but there are no hard and fast rules to photography. Some rules are better to be broken to achieve better effects.

I'm no pro but I'm also here to learn.

Thanks guys,

you are all right... newbie pictures mah. still trying to capture more meaning in my photography, rather than just being snap shotish.

well, at least to me they're better than a lot of lousy shots by DSLR users who pretentiously masquerade them as artistic shots.

keep on shooting man. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.